A short report for a short 2k game!

Tiger9gamer

Alright, just had a pretty fun game against Imperial Fists, and even though I lost, I still kicked the Yellow bastard's teeth in :D my list!

Warlord: Interrogator-chaplain Mordecai (Terminator armor, Mace of Redemption[ Furious charge])-170pts

HQ 2: Epistolary (rolled for: Misfortune, forewarning, had power field, Lion's roar)-150pts

Elite 1: Deathwing Knights (5 vets, land raider crusader w/ Multi-melta & deathwing vehicle)-525pts

Troop 1: Tactical squad (10 man, flamer, combi-flamer, melta bombs, rhino)-195pts

Troop 2: Tactical squad (10 man, melta gun, Combi-melta, melta bombs, rhino)-200pts

Troop 3: Tactical squad (5 man, Plasma rifle, combi-plasma, TLLC razorback)-170pts

Troop 4: Tactical squad (5 man, Plasma rifle, combi-plasma, TLLC razorback)-170pts

H/S 1: Devastator squad (5 man, x3 flakk launchers, lascannon, boltgun)-165pts

H/S 2: Vindicator-125pts

H/S 3: Vindicator-125pts

He had roughly:

Warlord: Pedro Kantor

HQ 2: Master of the forge with servo harness

Elite 1: Sternguard squad (10 man, melta, had pedro)

Elite 2: Sternguard squad (10 man, plasma rifle, had Master)

Troop 1: 10 Sniper scouts( one missile launcher, camo cloaks)

Troop 2: 5 man scout squad (CCW, in Land Speeder storm)

Troop 3: 10 tactical marines (melta gun, multi-melta)

F/A 1: lucus drop pod

F/A 2: lucus drop pod

F/A 3: Storm Talon w/ heavy bolter

F/A 4? (10 assault marines, power fist... didn’t catch this as his 4th F/A.)

I won the roll off but stupidly decided to go second X-X what? only played a Drop pod list once before  

Turn 1 IF: Iron clads dropped first and assaulted my land raider and vindicator 2, destroying them both and getting first blood. devastators lost a missile launcher. His sternguard did nothing!

Turn 1, me: Troop 2 disembarked out of it’s rhino and blasted one iron clad in it’s back, While my devastators killed the one right in front of my Knights, destroying that one too! My librarian misfortuned pedro’s squad before my vindicator, troop 3 & 4 blasted them back to terra!

Turn 2 IF: Rest of the drop pods came down, the melta tactical squad destroying my last vindicator! They all crowded around my one objective again, seeking to deny my objective! his other sternguard killed troop 3 down to 2 guys, and hid in cover.

Turn 3 Me:librarian joined troop 1 and Misfortuned a combat squad of the tactical squad, troop 1 blasting it away with the help of a razorback. The other combat squad got killed by plasma rifles for troop 4.

Another razorback focused fire on the Master of the forge, which didn’t get it’s look out sir. He would have died, but my opponent lied when he said it was T5. so, it would have been Instant Death :/ I got peaved when I checked the codex next turn. Anyways, my Knights charged his assault squad, wiping the entire squad without a problem. 

so, that was the meat of the game. the last turn just had movements shenanigans, and we didn’t want to play a last turn. So, I quit and he won the game 1-5. If the game would have went on, it probably would have been tied.

So, what went good? Well, my knights  kicked ass again, and that is always fun to watch! my Chaplain laded all 5 attacks, so he accounted for half the squad :D

I was a little worried when he put so much in my face first turn and neutered my heavy lifters. but, I used my suppirior numbers in the area to attack back, happily being spoon fed his army turn by turn.

What do you think?

Strayeth not from the challenge of the heathen, for 'tis your due to your Lord and Father the Lion, But strayeth not unto the sands of Douchoron. Indeed, there livest a people that are lost to the Emperor, and loathed by all; "'tis their destiny to stew in their own juices", so sayeth thine Lord and Father. - Gospel of Azzykins, 11:[40-41]

Checketh thine foes' forces always, and forever be wary of treachery. - Canticles of the Lion, of Engagement, verse 1

Applyeth the Crowbar of Caliban upon the treacherous knee; endeth their capricious misdoings with great fervour. - Apocrypha of Heaven's Peak

Yeah, gotta say, guy sounds like a jerk and not someone to play again.  And where I play, if it turns out someone would have died (during the course of the game) due to a mistake on something like Toughness, we usually take them off the board straight away.  Also you don't list his Ironclads so I was VERY confused as to why he had two Lucius Drop Pods there...  :)

Uhh, you should check the BRB FAQ about those Lucius Drop Pods

Q:Do Transports with the Assault Vehicle special rule permit

their passengers to charge on the turn they arrive from Reserve?

(p33)

A: No.

So you would of had a turn to respond to that drop pod dude.

Also in this scenario you wanted to go 2nd. That way his stuff is on the board on your turn smile.png

Well if he needs to cheat that bad to win, how many it was three or four times? So much for his victory.

WatchCaptain, how about that libram I asked? Will you make a compilation? tongue.png

Compileth the libram by thine own effort upon revelation of verse. Beware the laze of the bone, and the inactivity of the verbum processus.

yea, forgot about the Iron clads X-X whoops. and does it not affect the lucius drop pod special rule? Also, a few more things:

can you look out sir a focus fire?

and can you assault an iron clad backwards? like, charge an iron clad with his back to the other vehicle or thing? 

and do drop pods count as denial units?

Well if he needs to cheat that bad to win, how many it was three or four times? So much for his victory.

WatchCaptain, how about that libram I asked? Will you make a compilation? tongue.png

Compileth the libram by thine own effort upon revelation of verse. Beware the laze of the bone, and the inactivity of the verbum processus.

Fear the false prophet who untohimself, laziness has taken root and with the flamer cleanse him.

Come here now lazy sod devil.gif

yea, forgot about the Iron clads X-X whoops. and does it not affect the lucius drop pod special rule? Also, a few more things:

can you look out sir a focus fire?

and can you assault an iron clad backwards? like, charge an iron clad with his back to the other vehicle or thing?

and do drop pods count as denial units?

The last two are no.

huh. I thought they where.... yes! not it was 1-4! :D

also, word of warning, brothers... never have a power field next to the enemy you want to blast to hell, as it gives enemies a 4+ save. didn't come into play here, but it was a shocker none-the-less.

Wait a minute. You mean to pivot it and then assault something that is behind it yes? Pivoting happens in the movement phase so if you pivot there you can. I thought that you meant to assault the Walker from behind to hit rear armor, that cant happen since it is supposed to pivot during the melee to keep itself safe.

well, yea. tongue.png big guns and things.

also, I think i need some long range firepower that's tougher... any ideas?

Lascannon devastators with a power field libby...twinlinked lascannons with a 3+/4++ and six ablative wounds? YES!

that would be way over 165pts, wouldnt it? o-O i kind of want to keep it there or lower. and i also roll bad saves, so thier's that.

maybe i should go for a Twin lascannon dread, or maybe get rid of flakk missiles in games without fliers

Archived