Ravenwing Grenade Launchers...Opinions

hardimanm

I'm just wondering...

Let's suppose I field a 6-man squadron with 2 LG...

May I choose to use different grenades (ie: one rad and one stasis) on the same turn of shooting or am I obliged to use the same grenades for both bikers with GL?

Because lowering T and I in the same time could be a good way to prepare an H2H with 5 hammers and a hunt master with PW

So just to confirm before I go dropping money on extra models, are the effects of the rad grenades cumulative if you pump 2 into them?

Probably not. But until an FAQ comes out there could be room for argument.

The codex states that every model in a unit hit by one or more rad shells so that would say the effects are not cumulative. The same is true for the stasis anomaly which are not cumulative but can be replaced by the improved version of the stasis bomb.

The codex states that every model in a unit hit by one or more rad shells so that would say the effects are not cumulative. The same is true for the stasis anomaly which are not cumulative but can be replaced by the improved version of the stasis bomb.

Bah, reading comprehension my only weakness! :P

So no they do not stack.

But you could fire a stasis grenade AND a rad grenade in the same turn and get all of the benefits.

I personally would stick with 1 RWGL in the Command Squad (banner bearer can carry it as he's the most important dude in that squad) and 1 per Black Knights squad (unless I was creating a mahusive squad of 9 or 10 BKs).

facmanpob- that's exactly how mine are kitted, 3 total in the army. I haven't tried 2 in a single unit yet but I have used 2 units firing on one squad. It was like shooting with a fw titan or similar. Or at least how I imagine that would feel if I ever got to run one.

Grenade launchers can help avoid feel no pain saves. If you get them down to T2-3 (depending on the enemy) instant death weapons (i.e. double new toughness) stop feel no pain saves being allowed. I think this could be a worthwhile affect on its own in some circumstances.

Grenade launchers can help avoid feel no pain saves. If you get them down to T2-3 (depending on the enemy) instant death weapons (i.e. double new toughness) stop feel no pain saves being allowed. I think this could be a worthwhile affect on its own in some circumstances.

Yeah, I mentioned this on the previous page as a major bonus agains any MEQ with FNP... It means Plasma Talons just blaze through them. :)

To echo the answer you were given in the Offical Rules forum, check page 35 of the main rulebook. The only thing that over-rides Feel No Pain is Instant Death.

Just to clarify something (only a minor hijack) can feel no pain saves be taken against any failed save (except as I previously mentioned instant death) including ap1, ap2 etc. because it never used to be allowed.

Yes. This edition FnP can only not be taken against Instant Death Wounds. It doesn't matter if it is AP1 or AP-. As long as it isn't an Instant Death Wound you can take it.

Beaten to the punch by Cactus! ph34r.png

Nice. That changes my opinion on everything. There was me thinking it was still limited and explains my errors in some posts. I'm a bit of a newbie to 6th having been unable to play thus far. (No army) :-(

A Dark Vengeance starter set would be the easiest way to fix that. And the most viable army it comes with is the one for this board here. thumbsup.gif (Play a "counts as Azrael" for the company master, and you'll have three troop selections, with a possible fourth if you play your tacticals as two separate squads for two seperate sergeants.)

Archived