Dealing with 4 Blastmasters as C:SM

bjoluemblem

Hey all, I play vanilla marines, and in my last tourney I lost my final match of the day to a guy who ran two squads of noise marines with two blastmasters apiece. Dawn of war deployment, 12 inches in, each out in the open, maximum 2 inches between each guy for maximizing ablative wounds. How would I go about being prepared for the same situation? Ignores cover S8 AP3 is difficult to deal with, for I ran a mass light armor list and he destroyed most of my stuff with them. I'm looking for pointers as to a couple of units that could deal with them. My two stormtalons ripped them apart, but by turn 4 it was too late to turn the game around. Close game regardless, tied on objectives, lost on kill points. Ideas?

A few rhinos can help, S8 will eventually knock out one out but rhinos taking even a few hits will save your marines.

Also consider extra flyers as they're immune against the blasts BUT don't forget they can fire @ S5 so the talons aren't entirely immune.

Rhinos are awesome.

Also, you can just shoot the crap out of them. Noise marines are still MEQ and rely on 3+ save so they're prone to getting killed by weight of fire.

If you're one of those people who likes to run sniper scouts with telion, that could also be an opportunity to make good use of his precision shots.

or put tellion on the ILC like I do :P. But they are nasty so remember to keep a 2 inch spread and the threat will be minimsed. Thats why I stopped running a thunderfire cannon, sure its 4 small blasts but when someone has their 50+ guants 2 inches apart you kill 4 a tun if your lucky

Archived