What up, chaps!

I thought I'd just pop in and say hello. I'm a new member, occasionally diverted here via the powers of google so so decided to join up and get involved, rather than just leech off your goodselves.

I'm from the North East of England, and I'm new back into the hobby after an absence of about 15yrs. I was given the 40k Big Book for Christmas by the wife... and an avalanche of grey plastic shortly followed. I plumped for Chaos Space Marines as back in my heyday of teenagedom I used to love converting and customising and Chaos seemed a good place to restart that! I love painting the models, although I'm no 'Eavy Metal artist... I hate fielding unpainted models so I tend to favour tabletop/speedy standard over delicate shading etc but I've got loads to learn after not picking up a paintbrush in 15-16yrs. Here's a few pics of my army so far:

One of my two Lords (the other is being painted, Juggernaut Khorne styleeee)

a5.jpg

It's an Iron Warriors warband that has fallen into cultdom, so marked units still bear Iron Warriors colours and stripes but the Dark Gods have more than a passing influence on what are now effectively renegade Iron Warrior legionnaires! This is a Mark of Nurgle standard squad:

a3.jpg

Land Raider

feb4.jpg

Predator (magnetised)

feb6.jpg

Forge World Decimator

feb8.jpg

Forgefiend with extra legs/arms

feb11.jpg

Plus loads of other stuff - Berzerkers, more CSM's, a Rhino etc

The whole army so far, with the unfinished Spawn, Jugger-Lord, 20 beastmen cultists, Warpsmith techmarine conversion, and 5 pre-Heresy Raptors not shown. All done since the turn of the year.

a1.jpg

The goal was 2000pts and I'm way over that now, I want to add a couple more bits (Dreadclaw drop pods, maybe more Terminators) and then I want to begin a new army to paint much more slowly (not the eight week sprint this lot have taken). Orks are up there... but I reeeally want some Imperial Space Marines as their hardware is so lovely and the models are awesome.

So yeah, hi!

Thank you x4 thumbsup.gif Very kind words chaps, appreciate it. I just worked out how to do dirty silver armour and have taken full advantage of how quick I can do it. Aside from the awesome models, the biggest difference since I last painted many moons ago is the washes.... wow, I wish I'd had Agrax Earthshade back then I might have actually painted more often and fielded less bare metal models!

Just getting back into it myself after about the same time out, also been a lurker here reading tutorials etc and decided to register. Have to say mate i love the look of your models. It might be because of the dark colours (not trying to take anything away from your painting skills mind) but alot of models that are well painted dont hold up as nice as these to close up, high quality camera shots.

Nice work, really love them. Not a big fan of chaos but these are great. thumbs up! ;)

Archived