Local Ezine features Dark Angels.

Morticon

Heya guys, here's our local gaming group's monthly ezine available online:  http://www.jil.st/U32WhY

It features a lot on DA including a battle report of DA/BA vs. DA/Eldar!! using the mission from the upcoming local "Veteran's Tournament".  

Im keen to hear what you guys think.  

Cheers,

Mort. 

Very nice review of the new Dark Angels. You might want to tell your group that Skilled Rider now ignores dangerous terrain tests. No re-roll because dice aren't required!

The battle report could do with some proof reading after layout - there's a reference to a photo "above" with the only photos to the left and below?! Also I think the "your text here" was meant to be replaced with something else.

The cartoon of the Imperial Fist asking for reinforcements made me chuckle but "plasma weapons" is totally worth spelling correctly! wink.png

I love the conversions of the terminators. Where did the lightning claws come from?

It's a very good club magazine, and leagues ahead of the photocopied sheets of paper I have from years past, but a little more attention to detail could elevate it to great.

I really liked it but like it was said before needs some proof reading and ironing some inconsistencies, for example they state the rapid fire range of a 18" plasma talon is 9" when it should be 12"

Rapid fire weapons is half their range for a double shot. So the Plasma Talons Rapid Fire Range is indeed 9". It took me a while to remember Rapid Fire isn't a flat 12" anymore.

Bah I was ninjaed! ph34r.png

Any thoughts, ideas or comments on the DA/BA combo (or the evil DA/Eldar), the list structure and strategy used? 

Anything interesting/beneficial there?

I'm contemplating using DA as a core force for an upcoming 2500 tournament on account of how versatile a list I can make with so many different troop types (Jumpers, Terms, Bikes, Tacs, Scouts  and DC) 

Howdy folks, the lightining claws for the Termies come from the new Chaos Raptors kit.

You get 5 pairs of lightning claws along with some truly eipic chainsword/chaincleaver goodies.

Watch out in the next mag, where Orks will be getting their hands on a leman russ punisher!

Awwwwww yisss!

Cheers! thanks.gif

Archived