Ravenwing Company Banner - Have you used it? Do you like it?

Upstartes

I'm curious to hear what people who have used the RW company banner think of it. I am tooling up an RW command squad to run with Sammael and a tech on bike (and sometimes a libby or chap, in really big games), and am a bit torn on what banner/standard to stick in with them. I envision this squad being a go-getter, not one that hangs around other units to buff them, and it's not an all-RW list, so the popular Standard of Destruction doesn't make sense. Similarly, the Standard of Fortitude might not do that much for other units, so a simple apothecary would provide the same benefit to the squad. So my eye turns to the Ravenwing Company Banner, which has a bonus of being inexpensive. I'm just not sure how useful it will be.

So, if you've used it, what did you think?

yes and yes smile.png only the rw company banner btw

Automatic disengagement is pretty nasty, and +1Dice is really useful to go away and start again with an another unit.

But don't go against the deathstar units, you still have to endure one turn in cc !

otherwise you shoot him to death, then you charge (+1A) with rending corvus hammer and the auto attack from the bike (HoW if i recall).

After this good job you go away, never being stuck in CC by big blobs. it works wonderfully.

I played multi-wing against Chaos Marines on Friday last, and a couple of times I got tarpitted in CC and had to rely on a H&R test to get out again...... RW Company Banner would have taken away all of the doubt and made combat planning so much easier! For the points cost its a no brainer in my opinion. The SoD has a place in larger RW armies, but at a small points level or when running Dual Wing or multi-wing where the RW element is not that huge, its a really useful upgrade. Once I've finished the latest batch of PtR painting, the RWCS is next on my agenda!

Archived