Mace of Redemption. Best set up?

Boniface

I like the mace (as I'm sure many others do) but what is the best set up and who is best with it.

I personally like the idea of a master in articifer with a jump pack. increases movement gives 1 HoW attack then 5 attacks at WS6, S7. Also warlord traits options all for 160. Although you could sacrifice 1 attack for 3++. 175.

Anyone with any experiences on this?

I have used the Mace on an INT Chap on bike.  This is a very nasty combo.  Built in invul save, 5 toughness, great mobility and the zealot special rule.  This guy is a mega beat stick all for about 180pts

I put mine on an Interrogator with jump pack, attached to a 'lowly' Assault squad. He is great at smunching and buffs the Assault guys nicely. I will try the bike next time, I'm sure he will be similar. Any CC oriented IC is going to enjoy the MoR, just be mobile to start using it early in the game.

stobz

I have used the Mace on an INT Chap on bike.  This is a very nasty combo.  Built in invul save, 5 toughness, great mobility and the zealot special rule.  This guy is a mega beat stick all for about 180pts

This seems to be the most popular build with the mace around here.

I have mine with a Terminator armor Interrigator. he adds a lot of smacking power to the knights, who seem to struggle with power armor when not using smite.

Buffs the squad with re-rolling and deals 5 mace attacks since I keep the crozius. 

I used an Int-Chap w/ Mace of Redemption this past weekend.  Left him in PA and joined him to a unit of DWK's in a Redeemer - he ended up dying in a challenge to an Ork Warboss w. Power Klaw (Failed to save the 1 wound inflicted - Insta-dead).  I should have accepted the Challenge on the Knight Master, but I wanted a more epic confrontation.  He almost killed the Warboss before he swung as it was.

So I didn't get to see a whole lot of what he could do, but it looked pretty good from the bit I did see, and looks decent on paper.

Int-Chap gets 3 attacks base, +1 for 2 CC weapons and +1 on the Charge, provides Zealotry to himself and his squad, has 3 wounds and a built in 4++.  In 5 means that Blind can take effect before the rest of your guys swing, possibly giving them a nice boost in their chance to hit.

I think the only other config I'd look at is a Libby, to save some points and take advantage of Prescience as opposed to Zealotry.  Libby w/ Conversion Field in PA is cheaper than Int-Chap, but you lose 1 wound, 1 attack and 1 In by comparison.  Libby in TDA is an interesting platform for the Mace of Redemption, as the Int-Chap in TDA is paying for an Inv save they won't use, whereas the Libby gets the full points effectiveness.  However, you're still looking at a 5++ instead of 4++, and 2 Wounds, but if you were looking to DWA I might go this direction.

I like TDA IC leading seven knights, stepping off of the assault ramp of a crusader...but that dictates other choices (second crusader/redeemer, for one...never take just one!) that in turn make the points cost of the chappy unacceptable....maybe at 2k...but at 1850, two crusaderloads of termies plus belial, season with two DWA squads of shooty pain...and you're at 1850 before you know it!  No room for the chappy, points-wise.  Maybe in a list where he and belial DWA together with a squad of knights off of a ravenwing telehomer?  That might work...

In any case, if I took a mace, it'd be on a mounted TDAIC...but I don't have the points!

well, in other lists like ironwing where you don't need a named character, I find he is pretty good. I take an LRCwith 4 knights as my 'queen' of the board, that is to say, the most powerful unit. It works at times, and sometimes thier kneecapped even before they leave the starting edge. but, it is pretty powerful once it gets into combat.

Archived