Pre Heresy Army vote!

Well since I'm hard pressed by my gf, best friends and the entire hobby center to pick 5 different armies, I would like to ask everyone which Legion you would like me to make? Word Bearers for the Pre Heresy has been a choice and I would use the tutorial from Razakel to do them. BUT I am willing to relent and see what others say, so what is the army for the Horus Heresy I should pick? I'm going to make somthing like the 4 army vote so just say what you think would be great!

How about Raven Guard? I haven't seen many pre heresy armies for the sons of Corax. Or Thousand Sons. 

Dallo

Or Salamanders, Iron Hands and White Scars.

@furious-prime Hahaha yes actually you have given me a perfect idea to do this! And I'm taking votes all the way until the end of the week and I'll summarize them then!

It does keep things interesting! I have painted things I NEVER would have because of these little votes of mine. I even have votes on what to paint next in my army sometimes! (it's the Only Reason i painted some raven wing!)

Well, I think you really should narrow this down, otherwise if all 18 legions are eligible this will not go anywhere fast...

I personally would like to see Istvaan III Deathguard - before the mutations an' all. I like the green and white and you can go to town with weathering and tear and wear! There is also the Legion-specific Contemptor as well as the Deathshroud termies not ot mention the benefit of all the shoulder pads and etched brass by FW - since they are one of the Legions covered in the 'Betrayal' list.

Alternatively, for loyalists, I'd like to see Iron Hands, but given that the next FW book will probably cover them (if rumors are correct) I'd wait on that one..

If I was going to do some 30k stuff, i'd personally want to do one of the less seen Legions. Currently Luna Wolves, Emperor's Children and World Eaters seem very popular, with Death Guard lagging a bit behind. If I was going to do something from the Betrayal book it would be Death Guard.

However, I prefer loyalist Legions, so i'd look at which of those were the least popular. Loyalists as a whole are less popular than the traitors, I guess because they have 40k counterparts. Imperial Fists seem to be the most popular, with Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Ultramarines behind them. You don't often see Iron Hands or White Scars in either time line. But I think the least popular two would be Raven Guard and Salamanders.

So I guess i'm voting for either Raven Guard or Salamanders, as those are the two i'd choose from if I was doing 30k. Plus now is a good time to do them, early enough that it's still hip but late enough that by the time you've got the first parts completed, there will be some Legion specific stuff coming out with the next FW HH book.

Hate to say but the grey word bearers scheme is retconned to be thier and everyone elses Great Crusade pre Primarch scheme. The word bearers wore red for the whole heresy and much before. Saying do this scheme it's the best is like saying do any pre reunion legion like Dusk Raiders or something it's just flat ceramite, and red is sweet that's why we paint race cars and fire trucks that way cause both those things are awesome.

For advice on what to pick... Well judging by these boards not Sons of Horus or Imperial Fists if you wanna be original lol. Death Guard are pretty sweet a group of them stayed loyal survived Istvaan III and fought through the whole war so you can play them on either side. If you are really stuck on the ceramite scheme and wanna be super original there was two legions never reuinited with thier primarchs. I'm pretty sure that legendary piece of artwork of the Emperor and Horus' duel over Sanguinius mangled corpse shows a few of them fighting alongside the Emperor on Horus' flagship. Thier names and heraldry aren't set in stone yet so it makes for an interesting choice.

Raven Guard are gonna be pretty rad I imagine with thier freaky super space marines. Blood Angels should still have Sanguinary guard it's stated theyv'e been an institution since forever. Now Thousand Sons here's a choice that will be sure to be different in thier background the burning of Prospero predates the Heresy and it's stated they were all sorcerers so I imagine a Grey Knight like group psyker dynamic but more interestingly they didn't use tanks or other conventional support they perffered the use of mechanicum robots psychically controlled by themselves. On the other side of that the Space Wolves shouldn't be too much different then they are now since they refused the codex entirely and thier current 40k list is supposed to be representitive of they way the legion has always been organized.

Hope that's food for thought.

Ok so here are the 4 top armies as of late!

Word Bearers (red colours scheme) 25

Raven Guard 23

Ultrasmurfs 23

Space Wolves 21

These are the votes are summed up from the GW store and the ones from here, so next voting round starts now, I'll sum up who is the winner tomorrow if anybody votes!

Archived