Death Company Blob of Doom!

Commander Krag

So I know I am not the first to mention this but I think Azrael mixed with a 20+ unit of death company could be a really great death star. Maybe not the most competitive death star but a really fun one! What is everyone else's thoughts on this combination? How can it be improved and if you have tried it how did it go? Me personally I plan on running them 17 strong and include a Reclusiarch and 5 power weapons.

So I know I am not the first to mention this but I think Azrael mixed with a 20+ unit of death company could be a really great death star. Maybe not the most competitive death star but a really fun one! What is everyone else's thoughts on this combination? How can it be improved and if you have tried it how did it go? Me personally I plan on running them 17 strong and include a Reclusiarch and 5 power weapons.

Are they walking, or do you plan on putting them in a storm eagle?  I'd be more inclined to ratchet back to 16 total (14 death company plus HQs) and wedging them into a crusader...  

I like very much Azrael with Death Company, though they must go walking. You can choose Rapid Manoeuvre as Warlord Trait for avoiding Azrael slowering the unit. Anyway any other trait is a waste with the Death Company, except perhaps The Hunt or Brilliant Planning.

And I will avoid power weapons, you have enough attacks for killing anything, and are very expensive. Maybe an axe is enough.

Six named characters probably means it's an Apocalypse game anyway msn-wink.gif

Eh, true.

Then again, techies don't take up HQ slots.

And if its apoc, and thus letting me field a titan without trouble, then those death companies aren't much of a threat.

So lets see...

A thunderhawk is 900 points, 6 named characters are easily another 900 points, the death company easily another 500 points.

By this time I can field a Warlord Titan to counter it, or several lesser titans.

I wonder what'd be scarier. whistling.gif

Archived