Implications of Chaos Divination

• 1 month later...

...If you bless a tzeentch marked squad from CSM w the divination power that grants a 4++ would that unit then benefit from a 3++. Makes sense to me. 3++ tzeentch termis?

...What about tzeentch cultists? Would they only ever benefit from the 6++ or would they also be blessed w a 4++ then benefit from the 3++ MoT

Yeah definitely a gamble... But at ML3 you have a decent chance of getting it... If not you still have good options w the other divination powers- and MoT on termis isn't really wasted points to begin with... And who knows- maybe the 6++ on cultists would save ya once or twice- its just a hair better than nothing... But at least its only 1 pt per model.

...Definitely... I often use 35 cultists as a retinue for abaddon w decent results- if those cultists all had 3++ you'd have one hell of a hard hitting tarpit.

...I was pretty certain the termis would have a 3++ but if you scrutinize the listing in CSM for MoT it says "if given to a model without an invulnerable save- the MoT confers a 6+ invul. If given to a model w an invulnerable save- the save is improved by 1. Would you only count the MoT at the beginning of the game- thus only conferring a 6++... There's no "in addition- if the model has an invulnerable save..." I wonder if the +1 is lost when the 6++ is granted.

...Or is that just me being scared of rules lawyers?

...Definitely... I often use 35 cultists as a retinue for abaddon w decent results- if those cultists all had 3++ you'd have one hell of a hard hitting tarpit.

...I was pretty certain the termis would have a 3++ but if you scrutinize the listing in CSM for MoT it says "if given to a model without an invulnerable save- the MoT confers a 6+ invul. If given to a model w an invulnerable save- the save is improved by 1. Would you only count the MoT at the beginning of the game- thus only conferring a 6++... There's no "in addition- if the model has an invulnerable save..." I wonder if the +1 is lost when the 6++ is granted.

...Or is that just me being scared of rules lawyers?

I think that's you being scared of the rules lawyers.  Would you see the same argument being used against a unit on a closed skyshield (4++) with the MoT?  Because the moment the skyshield or that Div power comes into play, those models are immediately granted that Invul save, thus they should receive the +1.

Archived