Need a little help...

Iron Man I

Greetings all! I am looking to some of the more experienced DA players as I am in a quandry. I recently got the go ahead to purchase some DA stuff from my Grand Master (i.e. my wife, Emperor bless her) to pick up some DA stuff. I've been away from 40k for a long time, played a little in 4th and didnt play at all in 5th, and have narrowed down my model purchases. I was going with the codex, DV set and 2 sets of DW terminators. Now my question. I have enough left to get another box set of DW (which would give me a full 20), but I'm torn. Do I get another box or get a Venerable Dread? I love both and I'm sure I'll find a use for either of them in my force, but i cant decide. I was planning on running a PA/DW combo type force with Belial as commander, so troops wont be a problem.

Any help would great.

Edit: This is for a fun time force, not competative smash face win everything force. Just something to have fun with and share a good laugh as games are played.

If its isn for fun, then I say get the dreadnought. With the DV set and termites, the dreadnought will give you some anti tank fun and lets face it dreads just look cool.

Yep, for fun, get the dreddy...for face smashing goodness, get the termies.  With the two boxes that you bought, I assume you'll make a regular deathwing squad and a squad of knights?  If you go with ten termies and five knights, you could have two plasma cannon terminators...That would look awesome!  "No, it's just one squad.  Yes, those are plasma cannons mixed in with the lightning claws, powerfists, and thunderhammers.  Why?  Because I can and you can't!"

What they said! :)

If its for fun then go mad and get the Dread. Everyone loves a Dreadnought, and the great thing about the Venerable box is that you get a lascannon, Assault cannon and plasma cannon.......and if you don't glue the weapon into the arm they are such a good fit that you can just slot them in each time you play to take a different weapon option!

Archived