finally a victory :D

nurglespuss

well my Ork opponent and I upped our game to 1500pts for our latest game, and I finally managed to pull off a win!

I took:

reclusiarch with jp 

librarian with jp

tac squad with plasma cannon/gun and power fist

10man bolter death company with chaplain in a redeemer

10man assault squad with 2x meltas and lightning claws

pred with lascannon sponsons

whirlwind

he had mechanised orks, warboss, Mek with shock attack, kans, dread, gun batteries etc.

stars of the match were the whirlwind and the death company which both caused serious damage

the pred was solid too, as usual though my hqs did nothing ;p

didn't really use my librarians powers either, I might have him run solo next time.

Woo!  Glory to Sanguinius!  Bury the xenos with blade and fury.

What libby powers did you decide to choose?  Almost every turn I use prescience without fail unless I decide to take Shield and Sword.  Then it's almost every turn using Shield and only using Sword in CC.

Congrats on the win!

How was the assault squad by itself? It's rare to see one without a priest even now in 6th. I'm about to move up to 1500pnts myself against my GK opponent and was wondering if it would even be worth taking the priest in my list or shave some points and use one in a plasma HG instead

cheers all! yes the whirlwind accounted for a looters mob, half a boys squad, big chunk of storm boys and a wound off the Mek :D

I took blood lance and unleash rage, he and the reclusiarch were with the assault squad.

I will include a priest in larger games (ive got 4.5k painted so far), but think they are expensive for the benefits...

any way, there will be another game next week AMD by then I should have a Baal pred ready :)

Archived