Deathwing Terminator Squad

TH+SS Terminator Sergant

TH+SS Terminator

SB+PF Terminator

SB+PF Terminator

AC+PF Terminator

SoS+SB Belial

Force Staff TDA Librarian

Sorry, but to me that squad is two Exorcist salvoes away from being melta-minion bait. The Storm Shields give you a bit of a leg up, but taking three to twelve S8AP1 missiles a turn is going to take its toll.

That combo, other than being an awful lot of points, is also going to be extremely situational in just how effective it is.  There are common army builds that will chew that squad up.  Miko noted that multiple Exorcists will be a common SoB counter.  For C:SM, many players continue to ignore the new psychic power tables and stick with our killer codex powers, notably Null Zone.  Paired with other common weapons like Vindicators and the beautifully cheap 5-point plasma cannons in our Tactical Squads. . . The point is, that squad has a lot of oomph and some serious armor, but people are loading up on AP2 a hell of a lot more than they used to these days.  Be mindful of where you put that squad.

Guys I appreciate your point of view. Please be aware of the fact that this squad is a part of 1500/1850 lists. There are other dangorous targets for my opponents. This is only one out of 4 Deathwing Terminator Squads landing on top of my opponents head. If he decides to commit his full fire power to get rid of this squad then well... he's gonna be charged by three others. I usually land another squad close to this one as sometimes all termies got wiped in a first turn of shooting and Belial/Librarian can join the second squad and continue to fight.

Versus more mobile or MECH opponents I usually attach Librarian to another Deathwing Squad. Versus hordes I value Pyromancy and Flame Breath. Heavy Flamer Terminator rerolling to wound rolls along with Librarian with Flame Breath who don't scatter and land 1" away from an enemy units are just to juicy to skip biggrin.png

Nevertheless I don't say it's the most competitive setup out ther. Definately it's deadly and fun to play though smile.png If I wanted to be more competitive I would probably play Ravenwing msn-wink.gif Especially in current AP2 heavy meta. Plasma/Exorcist heavy lists are going to shred any Deathwing list and I'm fully aware of that fact. I hope you don't think that it's something that's gonna stop me from stressing people with an oldschool Terminator spam biggrin.png But hey, I'm that crazy guy who played Greenwing using our old edition codex when everyone switched to C:SM ;)

The reason I mentioned about this squad in this topic is that Power Weapons compliment each other quite well there.

Sorry, but to me that squad is two Exorcist salvoes away from being melta-minion bait. The Storm Shields give you a bit of a leg up, but taking three to twelve S8AP1 missiles a turn is going to take its toll.

There's virtually no AP2 spam in his meta, hence why it works out for him. ;]

Archived