Dark Angel Synergy

Landdavi

It's fun to figure out how to combine some of the unique DA equipment to surprise and destroy the enemy.  

I'm waiting to play my first game with a standard of fortitude in a Ravenwing Army.   There are not many if any DA players yet in my neck of the woods so it may take a few games for the enemy to start figuring out that the banner is painful to them!  

What are some killer combinations you have discovered in the new codex and how effective have they been.  Please comment in regards to getting them to consistently impact the outcome in multiple games with different opponents, how easy was it to get them into action, costs vs. reward and finally what the enemy thought of them.  

Thanks in advance

well, the easiest and Most effective one I had so far was this little ditty:

Warlord: Interrogator-chaplain Mordecai (Terminator armor, Mace of Redemption)-170pts

Elite 1: Deathwing Knights (5 vets, land raider crusader w/ Multi-melta & deathwing vehicle)-525pts

They form a nice little package, complimenting each other in combat. The knights bump the Warlord to T5 (with good positioning) while the IC buffs them even more with Hatred AND he can pick up the slack against power armored opponents with his 5 mace attacks. In my Last two games the IC and the knightmaster wiped out squads almost by themselves! it is expensive, sure, but I think it's worth it tongue.png

They have a big kill streak going on so far, which includes a 10 man assault squad, fateweaver, an Honor guard squad, and a seraphim squad, and a 20 man legion tactical guard squad.

Also, they have only been completely wiped by 3 Daemon princes in CC and 1500pts of concentrated gunline fire

other ideas for me is a Dark shroud covering some vindicators or predators throughout the battle field.

I'll second Tiger9gamer's motion. DWK with a Int chappy make for an incredibly mean unit. I ran that group yesterday against Orks and they fired everything they had at me to only kill three knights, saving the rest of my army and allowing them to advance.

One synergy I really like and that has been working for me is a Techmarine with a Powerfield Generator that sits with all my mech. The 4+ has paid for it's own points ten times over in every game I've played.

Great so far,  I like the techmarine comment.  In a Ravenwing Army, I've got a librarian and a techmarine on bikes.  I was thinking of giving the librarian a power field generator and placing him with a support squardron of 3 typhoon speeders (6 Twin linked missiles and 9 twin linked heavy bolters) with armor 10 and a 4+ save hopefully able to fire at range while the rest of the Army keeps small arms from getting to close.  

Im a big fan of the black knights. I take 7 with 2 grenade launchers, a power sword and melta bombs. I usually attach an interrogator chaplain on a bike with auspex and the mace of redemption and/or a libby on a bike with auspex and force axe. These guys are so good they have become an auto-include in most of my lists.

I got an easy and effective strategy. Move into position about 16-18” of target unit. at this range you will be fairly safe from being assaulted in your opponents turn. In my next turn I try to get as close to my target unit as I can. I shoot twin plasma, the auspex and grenade launchers at them. If any thing survives, assault. Hopefully something is left after that so they can stay in combat until the end of your opponents turn. Then hit and run out of combat and repeat. Really easy and works like a charm.

I too like the black knights.  I was able to get them into a 250 kill team game and they ruled.  I've thought about adding a character to the squad but so far have been reluctant because I want to preserve their skilled rider characteristic so they can fly through difficult terrain on their turn and gain its benefits while on defense.  I've been thinking the auspex is definitely worth 5 points when facing tons of units sitting in cover waiting for you to come and engage.  Thanks for the comment.

Sammael on Corvex attached to Ravenwing Assault Squad with 2x Plasma Gun and 1x Plasma Pistol.  Re-roll Gets Hot and 1's to wound against Chaos Space Marines, as well as the benefits of Skilled Rider for the entire unit.

Ezekiel + Deathwing Knights = WS 6 Terminators.

I too like the black knights.  I was able to get them into a 250 kill team game and they ruled.  I've thought about adding a character to the squad but so far have been reluctant because I want to preserve their skilled rider characteristic so they can fly through difficult terrain on their turn and gain its benefits while on defense.  I've been thinking the auspex is definitely worth 5 points when facing tons of units sitting in cover waiting for you to come and engage.  Thanks for the comment.

Just a point on Skilled Rider, only one model needs to have Skilled Rider for the entire unit to use it.

I too like the black knights. I was able to get them into a 250 kill team game and they ruled. I've thought about adding a character to the squad but so far have been reluctant because I want to preserve their skilled rider characteristic so they can fly through difficult terrain on their turn and gain its benefits while on defense. I've been thinking the auspex is definitely worth 5 points when facing tons of units sitting in cover waiting for you to come and engage. Thanks for the comment.

Just a point on Skilled Rider, only one model needs to have Skilled Rider for the entire unit to use it.

Yep, so feel free to add that Chaplain with Mace of Redemption to the squad for ultra killyness :)

Archived