Darkshroud - worth buying?

Upstartes

You mean having fat back with quad turbine ?  thats pretty much all the comparison i can make between the two.

but anyway thats a nice conversion job you've done.

mhhh Imho, what makes the darkshourd ugly innovative , is the "pulpit-like cupolas", the addition of little thurster in front and the stuesque artefact of doom...

It seems more like a tornado conversion than a dark shroud to me. That alter thing is what makes the dark shroud a dark shroud. It also seems a bit smaller, but I'd need a side-by-side to be sure.

It

seems more like a tornado conversion than a dark shroud to me. That

alter thing is what makes the dark shroud a dark shroud. It also seems a

bit smaller, but I'd need a side-by-side to be sure.

He means the vengeance, the similarity been that they have turret mounted weapons.

Sorry Master Toddius but they don't look alike. Your work is impressive but they are quite different vehicles. Your turret mount looks like a razorbacks and your speeder is a lot more slim and 'pointy', while the vengeance is flat and 'blocky' and there hasnt been a plasma mount like that before (effectively two plasma cannons strapped together).

I still have my thoughts about the darkshrouds capabilities vs units that ignore cover.

Sigh, why argue concepts with people; if you don't get it, you don't get it. 

In any sense,

The dark shroud is a very interesting way to give your units an increased cover save, but lets also look at some alternatives while we're at it.

So I mentioned in a earlier post about using the DS to give devestators in ruins a 2+ cover save, and we've seen the many ways of creating cover saves with RW, but how else can one give saves against heavier weapons or weapons with a low AP that can remove bikes and troops off the board?

Has anyone investigated The Power Field Generator?
Scenario 1:
LRC with DW + Tech with PwrFldGn inside, bubbled wrapped with other vehicles or RW bikes.
4+ invulnerable save for every model within 3 inches. Creates an interesting death star + defeats any weapons that would remove a cover save. And the tech marine can help benefit the LRC as well. A different take on a black/white list. It would allow RW bikers to stand and shoot with a 4+ invulnerable.
If the Dark Shroud is also on the table then the group can break off from the LRC and attack in other directions.

Meh...it's off-topic, but a spearhead of THREE crusaders protected by a single PFG is as broken as it gets...Comes to ~25 points per tank, not counting the aforementioned potential to repair the middle one...that's a 10% upcharge for a 50% reduction in damage taken!

It seems march10k is a LR nut. Hehehe. Add a command squad inside for hurricane bolter goodness.

----BTW in regards to my deleted post, I would like to know the reason (I am not nagging just curious). Thanks.

Sigh, why argue concepts with people; if you don't get it, you don't get it. 

In any sense,

The
dark shroud is a very interesting way to give your units an increased
cover save, but lets also look at some alternatives while we're at it.

So
I mentioned in a earlier post about using the DS to give devestators in
ruins a 2+ cover save, and we've seen the many ways of creating cover
saves with RW, but how else can one give saves against heavier weapons
or weapons with a low AP that can remove bikes and troops off the board?

Has anyone investigated The Power Field Generator?
Scenario 1:
LRC with DW + Tech with PwrFldGn inside, bubbled wrapped with other vehicles or RW bikes.
4+
invulnerable save for every model within 3 inches. Creates an
interesting death star + defeats any weapons that would remove a cover
save. And the tech marine can help benefit the LRC as well. A different
take on a black/white list. It would allow RW bikers to stand and shoot
with a 4+ invulnerable.
If the Dark Shroud is also on the table then the group can break off from the LRC and attack in other directions.

If you face noice marines that goes down the drain. IMHO the DS is a good option to protect a specific number of units that need to preform a blietzkrieg type of manouver. Not design an entire list around.

Archived