New power weapon question

War Angel

Moving on from my recent thread defeat, I have a new question. Not involving tacticals at all lol

Has anyone at anypoint created a spreadsheet or data roster, which lists instances where specific power weapons would be preferable? I've read in numerous posts that a power sword is good for MEQ (which is a no brainer) but I've never seen an actual list. I think if we compile this data, it would potentially help with the "Duelist" decision.

I'm willing to collect the data if people are willing to share it.

You're overthinking it.

Just go with whatever fits the squad's purpose and your metagame. Is this the squad you intend to use to sit in your deployment zone? Then don't waste points on a power weapon. Do you play mostly against marines, possibly with terminators? Then a power fist or a power axe is the way to go. Are your opponents mostly xenos, daemons, or IG? Get a mace. Are you equipping a captain or a chapter master? Then powerfist+claw is invariably better than a combination of standard power weapons and/or a meltabomb will ever be, etc. Do you have an assault transport in your list + a good assault unit such as th/ss terminators? If not, then don't waste points on an expensive HQ, get a barebones librarian and call it a day.

Archived