Deep Striking Fliers

How does Fliers minimum movement and Deep Strike interact?

But GL you say, GW recently via FAQs and the Death from the Skies suppliment removed Deep Strike from all fliers.  Don't be silly this is a non issue now!

Well, what happens with a Flying Monstrous Creature that has the Deep Strike rule?  Can they enter play Gliding?

BRB FAQ;

Q: Does a Flying Monstorus Creature that arrives via Deep Strike count as arriving in Swoop mode?

A: Yes

BRB;

Swooping;

It must move at least 12"

BRB;

Deep Strike;

In the Movernent phase during which they arrive, deep striking units may not move any further

and obviously count as having moved in the previous Movernent phase

Yes, obviously.  But how far?  Vehicles count as moving cruising speed, but there's nothing specified for non vehicles.

Do you count as having moved 6"?  12"  The maximum you are allowed to move?

Has a Deep Striking Flying Monstrous Creature 'moved at least 12'?

As FMC don't have the 'crash and burn' rule, what happens if it doesn't move (edit: fail!) more than 12"?  What happens if it *can't*?

"Vehicles count as having moved at Cruising Speed." (BRB, p.36)

"If a Flyer Zooms, it has a Combat Speed of 18" and a Cruising Speed of 36". (BRB, p.80)

So, a Deep Striking Flyer counts as having moved at Cruising Speed, or 36". I don't see a problem.

A Deep Striking FMC, on the other hand, is not covered by the rules, so make something up until they are.

How does Fliers minimum movement and Deep Strike interact?

But GL you say, GW recently via FAQs and the Death from the Skies suppliment removed Deep Strike from all fliers.  Don't be silly this is a non issue now!

Well, what happens with a Flying Monstrous Creature that has the Deep Strike rule?  Can they enter play Gliding?

BRB FAQ;

Q: Does a Flying Monstorus Creature that arrives via Deep Strike count as arriving in Swoop mode?

A: Yes

BRB;

Swooping;

>

It must move at least 12"

BRB;

Deep Strike;

In the Movernent phase during which they arrive, deep striking units may not move any further

and obviously count as having moved in the previous Movernent phase

Yes, obviously.  But how far?  Vehicles count as moving cruising speed, but there's nothing specified for non vehicles.

Do you count as having moved 6"?  12"  The maximum you are allowed to move?

Has a Deep Striking Flying Monstrous Creature 'moved at least 12'?

As FMC don't have the 'crash and burn' rule, what happens if it doesn't move (edit: fail!) more than 12"?  What happens if it *can't*?

I don't see the issue, really. 

What does it matter how far a deep striking FMC has moved? It's swooping, thats the main thing. As the rules specify, it can't move further, it's done its swoop move onto anywhere on the table.

Feel free to enlighten me if I'm just being simple.

I agree with nurglez.  There is no conflict here.

FMC's have no penalties for moving less than 12".  They don't crash and burn or make a grouding test.  They simply cannot move less than 12" if they declared they were Swooping at the beginning of the turn.

Deep strike counts you as already having moved and the FAQ states you arrive in Swoop mode. 

Archived