Ravewnwing vs Necrons BatRep

fellipe

Just some words on my last experience from 2 battles i played against Necrons and SM.

I used the following list:

HQ

Sammy on Corvex

Libby , bike , Auspex, PFG, Divination

RCS with SoD, rgl, Apothecary

TROOPS

6x RAS + MMAB

6x RAS + MMAB

6x RAS , 2MG

FAST

6x RBK , rgl

3x LS Typhoon

3x LS Typhoon

First game against Necrons (man back with our last Codex I was always beaten) and I was very excited to see how the list is going to play.

We rolled for Big Guns (4 obj) and Vanguard deployment. He had a peculiar list (I didnt like it) with no flyers. He fielded a Lord on a barge, a Monolith, two anih barges, 3 units of Immortals, 3 units of Deathmarks. We placed all the objectives along the diagonal middle line of the board)

He played first keeping the three units of Deathmarks in reserve.Everything advanced with the most forward unit being his Necron Lord. I deployed far in the corner playing the waiting game.

His first round ended with me losing 1 LS from a squadron (squadron #1) and nothing more, mostly due to range.

I began (with a RAS and the MMAB in reservTe) my turn with his Lord a breath away from LS squadron #1. All RAS advanced and behind them RCS.

The LS squadron #1 moved a bit for the junk save as did the other one , on my far DZ.

The RBK sped out for the flanking maneuver (left side from my board view).Squadron #1 fired at The Lord exploding his Barge (oops...) and the RAS under the Sod inflicted casualties on a Immortal squad.

LS squadron #2 fired at on of the Annhilation barges and managed to steel 1 HP. RBK squad turbo boosting further away on the flank.

Assault phase and Sammy charged his on foot now Necron Lord!!!. Why I did this has no logic other that I was pissed because he mocked at my decision to have my Libby as warlord. So Sammy went in passed his mindshackle ld test and inflicted 4 wounds on the lord killing him.

What a first turn for me claiming 1st blood and slain the warlord so early in the game....wait reanimation protocol and he lives again.

He had a better second round coming closer to the table canter having better ranges for his shooting and bringing two Deathmarks DS one close to my big RAS formation on the right and the other close to the RBK on the far left side.

His shooting began and I took heavy casualties on my two RAS accompaning the banner losing 4 bikers from one and 5 from the other with shots from an annihilation barge, Deathmarks, Immortals and Monolith with his particle whip blast damn thing.

Also on the left the RBK squad lost one member from the Deathmarks and LS squadron #2 lost 1 HP from the other annihilation barge. His Lord then assaulted the LS squadron #2 ( pissed of that it shot his chariot down). He destroyed the LS squadron and consolidated.

I began my second round with the RAS and one MMAB coming in and outflanking at the left side of the table.

I moved the crippled RAS squads and the RCS further backfield, positioned the RBK squad against an Immortal squad on the left flank holding an objective, the outflanking RAS and MMAB on his backfield and Sammy moved to have a clear view at a DS Deathmarks unit at the left side.

My shooting began with the RCS and the remaining bikers from the two RAS shooting at his Lord killing him. Sammy dropped a plasma plate on the Deathmarks unit vaporizing all of them. LS squadron #2 glanced the left annihilation barge to death.

The outflanking RAS redused an Immortal squad to 2 and the MMAB manged to inflict a weapon destroyed result on the Monolith (not the blast weapon).RBK squad shot at the immortals on the far left inflicting 50% casualties and charging them (drop a rad grenade also).

In the assault phase only one Immortal stays alive. Reanimation protocols begin and... This time his lord stays dead, some immortals rise and I have slay the warlord vp.

Till now in total I hold one objective, first blood, slay the warlord, one vp from a heavy casualty and line beaker till now so 7 vp total, he holds 3 objectives so 9 vp total.

Wow ... since this is a rather long post I'm gonna stop here and continue tomorrow with the rest of the report.

Could you put a space inbetween the paragraphs to break up the wall of text there. It would make it sooo much easier to read.geek.gif

Otherwise, Good job so far.

Why do you have the typhoons in 2 squadrons of 3?

You are opening your self up to a single HB wrecking 1 of your squadrons.

You have 3 x 6 man biker squads which you could put 1 of your speeders into each.

And finish up with 1 squadron of 1 and 1 squadron of 2.

As iit stands now he has a chance to shoot both squadrons down in a single turn with only 2 units.

With the slight change I suggested it would take 5 units to take them down in a single turn.

Also with the new codex we aren't limited on what loadout can be taken in a squadron and taking one is the squadron doesn't prevent you from outflanking.

Yeah i agree, if you have the 6 bikes in each squad you should def utilize the "free" landspeeder slot as part of the squadron.

Also how is that PFG working out on the libby? I haven't used it with a libby thats further up the battlefield than devastators.

I don't get how a single HB can take out a whole 6 HP squadron ? 

Also squadrons are not as fragile as lone speeders which can be picked up by a lone HB ( easy first blood), and thats the point of taking them and of course focused fire power.

Now as for the combination you are suggesting i use Typhoon so no point outflanking them (they want to stay in the backfield anyway) and of course it will be a wast os a FA slot if i used it for fielding a lonely LS. 

Just my POV.

I'm not gonna base my FOC with that kind of statistic... three 6's followed by another three 6's.

Anyway....

Continuing with my report.

So its round 3 and the Necron brings in via DS his last Deathmark squad close to the CC between my RBK and a Immortal squad.

He moves further into my DZ with his remaining 2 squads of Immortals, annihilation Barge and with his Monolith moving to the left corner to engage the outflanking RAS and MMAB.

He continues to hold 3 objectives with his Immortal's (the one though already engaged in CC by my RBK)

Shooting begins and his Monolith eliminates half of the outflanking RAS with his big blast weapon and inflicts 1 wound to the MMAB.

The right deployed Deathmark unit , along with the annihilation barge and one unit of immortals shoots at the remaining bikers from the other two RAS (flanking the SoD) eliminating them all.

Assault phase and the RBK after some poor rolling manage to lose 2 of them but killed the whole Immortal squad.

Round for me and i realise i have only 2 troop choices left (3 man RAS and MMAB) all of them in one side of the board.

So i moved the MMAB to hold one objective on the left (previously lost due to the RBK assault).

RBK moved to shoot at the DS Deathmark unit near them and positioned them selves between them and the MMAB.

The 3 man RAS ( with 2 meltaguns) i optioned to move them close to the Monolith so i can use the melta range. This was a mistake as it turned out.

The RCS on the right drew some distance between them and the enemy , backed up by Sammy.

Shooting began. The RAS meltaguns at the Monolith managed a weapon destroyed result but again not the blast weapon.

RCS and Sammy shot at the closest immortal squad leaving 5 alive. LS Squadron #2 shot at the Deathmark squad forcing them to go to ground but 2 survived.

My 3 remaining RBK's shot at the other Deathmark squad reducing their numbers to 3 (from 7) and losing one RBK from Gets Hot!

Assault phase and the 2 RBK 's charged at the Deathmark squad. Killed only one and i lost them all.

So end of turn 3 and score 7 vs 6.

I hold one objective, first blood, slay the warlord, one vp from a heavy casualty and line beaker till now so 7 vp total, he holds 2 objectives so 6 vp total.

to be continued...

Maybe not Heavybolters, but what about assault cannons? That is str 6 rending...or a longfang squad with 5x missiles...splitting the speeders is good advice imho. Nice batrep so far looking forward to the rest.

Archived