Blood Lance & Flyers

Upstartes

I don't see why not. It just says psychic shooting attack with 4D6" and any unit in that path gets an auto hit S8 AP1 lance type hit. the only things it defines as unaffected are friendly units and enemy units locked in CC. As far as I'm concerned, everything else is fair game happy.png

No, it does not:

"Q: How do maelstroms, novas and beams – or indeed any weapon that doesn’t need to roll To Hit or hits automatically – interact with Zooming Flyers and Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures? (p13)
A: Only Snap Shots can hit Zooming Flyers and Swooping Flying Monstrous Creatures. Therefore, any attacks that use blast markers, templates, create a line of/area of effect or otherwise don’t roll to hit cannot target them. This includes weapons such as the Necron Doom Scythe’s death ray or the Deathstrike missile of the Imperial Guard, and psychic powers that follow the rule for maelstroms, beams, and novas
.", BRB FAQ

GW wants you to buy Flyers, so they're not going to let auto-hitting stuff (including weather affects like hail and lightning) to hit their cash cows.

I am in Burma and do not have access to my BRB.
Question, What is the outcome if you attach the librarian to a scoring troop unit and put him within 3" of a Nexus sky fire objective, how does Blood Lance interact with Skyfire USR.  From memory since the Blood Lance auto hits it is still excluded but I thought its worth asking someone whether the Skyfire USR changes this.

Archived