The other half of the Devastator squad.

ASSASSINAWOKEN

I have at least sixteen spare space marine walking legs and I already have four full Tactical squads. I think taking five to create the other half of a Devastator squad with bolters might be worth it. The only think holding me back is never using them, but the legs are unused anyway.

In your opinion and if you have the spare models is it worth it to create and paint them.

I would have made a poll, but the option is not there.

This is a good idea. Try your hand at re-posing the legs or any other conversion technique that you haven't tried yet. that way, if you mess anything up beyond repair, hey, you weren't using those legs anyway. If you succeed, well, you succeed.

I'm building my first Dev squad, have never used them. My HS is full with Dreads, Vindicators and SR so I have never been able to use them, but now my Blood Angels have found some allied Flesh Tearers who carries some heavy weapons Troops.gif

I'm using either Space pups or Dark Angels codex (started out as SW but then the 65pts libby came with DA whistlingW.gif ) and when I look at their lists here on B&C everyone seems to go with a 5-man squad, no extra bodies.

How do we Blood Angels roll with Devs? 5, 10, or 9 man squads?

It depends entirely on how many other long range threats are in the army.

5men, 4 heavies are technically the most point efficient way to run them, and leaves you with 80pts for other stuff.

OTOH, if the devvies are a key anchor to your lines/strategy, then having ablative wounds is a good idea. 

For expensive weapons (4x plasma/las) it would be worth it to have the ablative, as these are such high priority targets.

For cheap weapons (everything else), I would keep them at 5 man: 5man missile launcher costs 130pts. Adding an extra 5 men is 80pts. Find an extra 50pts and you can get a whole other ML squad...

I just made every heavy weapon option that came in the dev kit with spare bodies.  It's a nice option to have, especially if you ever feel like you want to try something else in your tactical squad, you'll have the model to represent it.  I think their is 8 heavy weapons in the box, all you need is another sgt, and you have 2 squads of 5.

i always run 10 devs, usually 2 combat squads, one with 3x ML, 2x bolter, the other one with sarge, a LC and 3X bolter.

one shot charlie with the LC gets BS 5 from the signum, the 3 MLs can either frag something or have a good chance of taking out a light-med vehicle. and i am not afraid to shoot the 3 MLs at fliers if need be.

might be worth it if you also run an aegis with quad gun.

you can then combat squad the dev's with the heavy weaps + 1, and the sarge with 4 mates to signum a guy firing said quad gun at BS 5.

I thought I read somewhere that the signum cannot be used for firing an emplacement weapon like the quad gun or Icarus lascannon? Maybe it just can't be used when making the interceptor attack on your opponent's turn.

Archived