Strike Force "Lion's Justice"

Suriel

IMG 2170

IMG 2165

After a long pause and motivated by the new codex I repainted and rebuild my Dark Angels and also started a couple more squads. It should be a mostly greenwing force with DW and RW for support.

Here are my first ten guys. C&C very welcome.

Thanks! I tried my best ))

They really look like DoC but they are meant to be standard DA. I actually repainted them 2 times. First they were just black (pre-heresy) but it didnt look good at all. Actually kinda boring..dry.png Then I tried to mix things up and painted the shoulderguards white. The result was BT/RG with DA insignia. wallbash.gif

And so I painted just a few armour parts in the DA colours.

Fluffwise they represent a DA strike force assigned to liberate planets originally conquered by the Lion during the Crusade which then turned from the Imperium because of xenos attacks, rebellion and/or heresy. So they have the old colours of the First Legion and the new to remember the fate Caliban.biggrin.png

Well.. Here we go again. The next ten marines ready for combat. The next one will be the librarian from DV.

Also I am having a hard time about the base design. Could you please recommend me something not to fancy? And C&C always very welcome thanks.gif

IMG 2210

IMG 2212

More nice work there mate. Personally for my DA i went for desert bases, the colour goes well with the tabard/cloak and purity seal's.

I read somewhere that having 5 different colours on a model is a good variety so thats why i chose the bases to look similar in colour to other parts. If your going to go grassy textured or coloured bases you should test it out on a few models first as it might conflict a bit with the edge highlights on your green sections of the armor.

• 8 months later...

After a long break i finally got back to the painting station. Here are the new additions to my strikeforce.

The Librarian from DV. Pretty standard& Nothing special. Just assembled and painted.

IMG 3734

Then we have the sergeant for the third TacSquad. Also the "DA weapons&gear". I just love the sword-theme of the First Legion.
Please let me know what you think about the face. I kinda tried a new style on him.

IMG 3738

And last bot not least the Company Master. Kit-bashed the RW box for it but i think it was worth it. Especially the head. The silver "crown" came after reading Savage weapons. By those simple rings were the kings of old Caliban known.

IMG 3737

C&C is very welcomed.

Well done one coming back to the hobby after a break.... a great battle that most of us struggle with... I like your models except for the company master whose sword does look a bit oversized and unwieldy. it's a personal thing...i just have weapons thta appear to be oversized!

By the way, i think your tactical squads could do with a ride... a rhino or razorback.... See Currus Belli... whistlingW.gif

SG

Well Suriel has it right for me - big swordz are what the DA should have more of :yes:.

Loving the sword theme as a visual metaphor for the DA. Even if in gameplay they aren't neccessarily the best weapon to have around ;).

Great looking models there.

Cheers

I

Archived