Best unit or unit type in 6th

Boniface

You do remember you can't consolidate into combat, right?

Yep and I also remember I can't charge 15 inches. With haminators you limit the amount of wounds you do. Not like a squad with lightning claws where on the charge each model has 4 attacks with rerolls to wound. Against larger unit's it's been my experience that you generally end up finishing them off on your opponents turn, consolidating towards your next target, moving to get as close as possible to guarantee your charge and start all over again.

Took me a long time in 5th edition to learn that while Lightning claw termies are shredders and have more killy death power for 80% of what is out there sometimes less is more. The hamminators have only 3 attacks on the charge so your on average getting about 10 wounds, from that your averaging about 8 kills. Larger units (it's harder with 12 man squads of fire warriors but they had a morale of 10...Eldrad). By comparison you mix 2 or 3 Lightning claw termies in that squad and your averaging 8 wounds from the claws alone then another 3 from the T.H. and you pretty much dust whole squads. Leaving you sitting out there more likely to eat every gun your opponent has at the closest range possible.

Archived