Tactical Razors

tomjoad

I know that the strength of the Razorback army is that assault squads get them cheap, plus they get a special weapon. However, I was wondering if anybody has tried mixing in tacs with Razors. Here's my thinking on why it may work:

1) By taking 10 tacs, you can still put that melta/plasma/flamer in the Razor, plus a tac sgt gets a matching combi-bolter.

2) You get a free or dirt cheap heavy weapon. Leave it in the back to add one more lascannon, missile launcher or plasma cannon shot to your army, or send a free multi-melta forward with the razor to wreck a land raider.

3) Bolters are just better than pistols. Assault squads do not want to charge, or be in combat, most of the time. The little, unsupported, units usually stuck in razorbacks definitely don't! Tacs get twice as many shots to hopefully weaker whatever is about to kill you in combat first.

4) The half of the squad with the heavy weapon make good backfield objective holders.

So, we get all these benefits at the cost of about 100 points/unit. Am I crazy, or might this just work?

100 pts is an additional mounted assault squad, I'd say that's too steep. Why not take DA allied tacticals (maybe count-as) if you want mounted scoring at a better price point? They can take the extra equipment and the HQ is dirt cheap.

Problem is that other Codicies do it better. Razorbacks are a SW / DA / GK thing.

The only time BA should use Razors is ASM with LC+TLPG version because then you get the full benefits of the 'Fast' rules. BA Tacticals are simply priced wrong for me to get too much use out of them, unfortunately.

100 pts is an additional mounted assault squad, I'd say that's too steep. Why not take DA allied tacticals (maybe count-as) if you want mounted scoring at a better price point? They can take the extra equipment and the HQ is dirt cheap.

Wow...I was going to say that, even if it's cheap, I just don't want to have o buy a second HQ, but the tacs are so much cheaper that the Librarian is basically free...That's amazing. Thanks for the tip.

Archived