Assault Cannon question

Wraith776

Hi just started playing and i was wondering something about the assault cannon.

Its equipped to a regular terminator with two attacks, then the cannon gives me another four shots. I was wondering if it simply replaces the two and give me four instead, if it adds them, giving me six shots, or finally if it gives me eight shots, two times the four of the cannon?

Thanks for any help.

The 'A' stat stands for 'attacks', which relates to close combat only.

The amount of shots a gun fires is listed in it's own profile.

As assault cannon is a heavy 4 weapon, which means it gets 4 shots, while the terminator statline is A=2, which means it gets 2 attacks in close combat (unless charging, etc)

This is a very fundamental distinction that must be understood. I suggest you read through your rulebook a few times to double check your knowledge and ensure you understand this. Focus on the characteristics, shooting and assault sections for this question. Just double checking these sections could have saved you the need to ask this question.

But welcome to the forum. :)

I have no idea why i thought that attacks applied to shooting, ive read over the sections in the rule book stating it several times and watched a fair few battle reports to get the hang of the game.

But thanks everyone for helping me clear this up.

Archived