6th ed Chaos Kill-team

Vesper

Hey people,

Was wondering what are your takes on Chaos for kill-team games.

Do you have nice 200pts stuff, strong or tricky builds ?

I tend to use 5 raptors 10 cultists, but I have the feeling it's not that awesome. Do you have some good alternatives ?

Haha. Yeah, TS must work "like a charm".

I've seen the list of the guy you mentioned on Dakkadakka. Slaanesh Marines and stuff. Looks like a fun Kill-Team, as our cheap 3 terminators are quite a bargain. Something I consider too. Yet I don't know if it's that useful in a KT game.

Thousand Sons are especially great if you get Doombolt, since there's your anti-TEq right there. Need an axe on the sorcerer though to be really reliable on that front, but the 4++ does mean he's not as vulnerable to I4 power weapons as he might be.

Of course, you do run the risks of Perils and being Spawned... although a daemon prince in Kill Team is just insane. :D

3 Terminators with combi-plasma - preferred enemy (champ)

10 cultists (champ with shotgun) - shrouded (champ)

1 Spawn (MoN) - it will not die

Why shrouded on the champ? He just gets a +2 cover save, not the whole squad. Something like preferred enemy on a plasmanator may be interesting.

the shotgun is just leftover pts, yet still a better gun than the autopistol. shrouded turns an otherwise meek guy into a brutal objective sitter or weapon emplacement operator (could give it to the spawn instead)

against dreadnoughts, you have to either get combi-plasmas into his rear armor or change some into combi-meltas.

btw, I'd take 1 axe, 1 mace, sword on the champ for power weapons.

can't have everything I guess. the list suffers from being quite slow and lack of ranged firepower. I'd love to change the terminators into an obliterator + another spawn msn-wink.gif

Tried to make something out of Noise Marines. Pretty hard.

Maybe Chosen would make a better choice, for special weapons... It's really challenging to build something decent and able to face most threats.

3 Terminators with combi-plasma - preferred enemy (champ)

10 cultists (champ with shotgun) - shrouded (champ)

1 Spawn (MoN) - it will not die

Why shrouded on the champ? He just gets a +2 cover save, not the whole squad. Something like preferred enemy on a plasmanator may be interesting.

Read the Shrouded rules again. If one or more model in a unit has the Shrouded rule, they all get it. :)

Read the Shrouded rules again. If one or more model in a unit has the Shrouded rule, they all get it. smile.png

would be nice, but as per the "Every Man for Himself" rule, all models operate as individual units in the kill team mission.

Also, it states under Unit Upgrades and Special Rules: If your character has or buys an upgrade (eg a Painboyz’ Dok’s Tools, if a Striking Scorpion Exarch buys Stalker or an Incubi Klaivex buys Onslaught), only the character themselves benefi ts from the rule, and not the rest of the squad. If a whole squad has or buys an upgrade that gives them all a special rule (eg Psybolt Amuunition), they all receive it. So even icons of chaos work only on the bearer himself.

Just had a read through those rules, I think I'm going to try and run some kill-team games at the local club.

Dare I say it.... perhaps, we have found a home for chosen?

Chosen wreck **** in Kill Team (as do Purifiers, and Sternguard)

Well, I had the bright idea to make a chosen champion with a flamer (yes, you can do that, since it says "up to four MODELS in the unit, not four CHOSEN), power sword, and fleshbane. This guy will spew out an obscene amount of hits, all wounding on 2+. If I have the points left over, I might give him a free roll on the mutation table, because clearly there are not enough :cusss and giggles going on.

as kill teams don't care about unit coherency, how many models do you expect to fit under a template?

It really depends what you are playing against and how the other person plays.

So I played KT with a number of house-rules to address various things (Such as transport vehicles), but I prefer people to be spread out as it lets me pick them off with a more focused attack. I've certainly played games where a template would have worked. If you have a quantity list (Orks/Guard/Nids) there is a good chance you will hit a few things. That being said I'm not sure how useful it is... I might be tempted to use a doom siren if I was trying to do this. It also depends how quickly you expect to get close to the enemy. It might be fairly easy for an enemy model to assault you before you use your flamer.

Template weapons are not without their uses but I'm not sure that they are reliable unless they have a low AP or additional range.

Well, I had the bright idea to make a chosen champion with a flamer (yes, you can do that, since it says "up to four MODELS in the unit, not four CHOSEN), power sword, and fleshbane.

Why bother with the flamer? Give the chosen champion a plasma gun, he then wounds on 2+. Give him FnP maybe? Or a missile launcher and relentless.

Archived