Need Opinions on my Blood Angels list

Blackheart299

Hey, its my first post here.  I've been a lurker for awhile, and love reading through the posts.  I wasn't sure where to go with my army, and thought, "Duh, sign up and take part in the conversation!!"

I haven't played 40K in a year and a half, so I haven't played in 6th edition at all.  I love modelling and painting, and playing is secondary, due to work, kids, etc.  I'm not a power gamer, I have fun when I lose, and I like my lists to be a least a little fluffy.  That being said, I need some thoughts on what to do with my army.  

Here is what I have modeled and painted:

Foot slogging Librarian

Lemartes

Astorath

2 Sang Priests - 1 JP, 1 footslogger

Tactical Squad - MM and MG, or ML and Flamer

Devastators - 2 HB and 2 PC

Devastators - 3 ML, 1 LC

Death Company - 10 w/JP

Assualt Squad - 10 w/JP

DC Dreadnaught

5 Scout snipers

Furioso Dreadnaught

Stormraven

2 Drop Pods

Razorback w/TLLC

Rhino

Here is what I have that I'm not sure what to do with:

Sanguinary Guard sprues

Death Company sprues

I really want to use the Sang Guard as Honour Guard with either plasma or meltaguns...not sure if I need more anti-mech or not.  As for the DC|, I have enough for 10....I bought them as I love the models and the options on the sprue.  I was thinking of doing 5 Sternguard and 5 RAS, or 10 RAS, or 10 footslogging bolter DC(in the Drop Pod).

For scoring units I currently have 3 - scouts, tactical marines and assault squad.  That's why I was leaning towards another RAS.  But I really like converting models and I have some bits to make some awesome Sternguard bolters.

Any thoughts?

Sorry no one's replied to your first post yet, but welcome to the B&C!

You've got a lot more models already painted then I do so you have a ton of options for different list builds as long as you're not thinking of mech. You have the makings of a fun and fluffy DoA force or even a DC heavy Astorath list. 

I am currently building an plasma honor guard squad out of the Sang guard kit that I have and I'm really liking how they look, but haven't played with them yet so I'm not sure how the perform. With what you already have, I'd say go plasma over melta since there seems to be more terminators out there these days than vehicles and you already have a good sprinkling of melta in other squads. As for the DC spurs you have, I'd go with a 10 man assault squad to round out your fast troop choices. You have enough DC built to have a good hammer unit in your list. If possible, find a spare jump pack for the libby.

With these, you can run a decent infantry based list with stormraven and podded dread support.

I second the idea of having a JP for the libby. What powers were you thinking of assigning him?

I'd suggest staying away from JP DC, as they're far too overpriced at the moment. Consider taking a majority of DC armed with Bolters, and making use of their relentlessness. 

For kicks, add in a power axe or fist for good measure, and a pod works very well as a reliable method of delivery.

it works well and is still very fluff-friendly.

Archived