Angels of Redemption - Slooooow and steady

Chaplain Lucifer

This is my attempt to get some motivation going to complete this 2 year old project. The next picture includes 95% of what I have now.. 5% still has to be re-assembled after rough 2000km journey. msn-wink.gif

gallery_404_1264_355570.jpg

I have painted most of the terminator force for a tournament one year ago... And with my moving everything was left on stand by. Now that I have a new base and found a new gaming group ( I hope) i can proceed with painting and collecting my Angels of Redemption force.. new Codex contributed for my renewed enthusiasm.

So hopefully I will get some regular updates on my painting progress (and gaming progress).

Cheers all!

Thanks for the compliments! I was aiming for a stone-ish look and trying to reduce colour palette to a minimum in order to avoid "xmas effect". Once I got my painting skills un-rusted and up to par again I may revisit those crux.

I ve been doing mine thus (old gw paint range): Basecoat khemri brown, then use the old range flesh wash. Once dry I  drybrush the skull and bones with bleached  bone.Then before the paint dries I fleshwash the dry-brushed areas. Then give it a highlight of skullwhite and once it dries a  final wash watered down to the point of it been more water than ink. The non bone areas are painted shining gold.

This gives them a distinct look that meshes with bonewhite.

Just an idea really.

Thanks!!! If anyone can point out an european store were I can get combi weapons and other bitz I would apreciate it. msn-wink.gif

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/

They have a fair number of combi weapons (generic rather than Dark Angel ones). Service is good (I've ordered a lot of stuff from them), I get my stuff within two days on average. The site states three to five days for Europe ^_^

Liking your Angels of Redemption. My DIY DA (Angels of Salvation) Chapter are successors of that Chapter ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.. I need some feedback.

This is my very WIP "ravenwing" bike:

gallery_404_1264_564929.jpg

I plan to keep the bike black to be more ravenwing identifiable and because I am afraid if I use the halved schemed on the bike the rider and bike will just look an amalgam.. and also a bit silly...

Also I think I'm keeping the feathers black but will give them a highlight.. or just go dark grey on them

Ideas and opinions?

Can I suggest something crazy? Paint the feathers in pairs of green and white, or in whichever pattern of those two colours you find more striking.

Also, this is 40K, scrutinizing things for too long makes the whole setting silly. For comparison, the Blood Angels have more rubies tacked onto their armor than a jewelry shop. biggrin.png

But the blood angels are artists at heart my dear fellow [darn Edward emo, glitter filled vampires...]

Chaplain I would say you will pull it off nicely. Ravenwing bikers too wear black armor but they look nothing of the sort (amalgamated I mean). You might want to make your black a different tone than the bikes to make sure they are definable. A method I use on my chaplains in order to avoid flat black tones is to undercoat them black and then give them a couple layers of heavy dark grey drybrush, then wash them as many times with black wash as I want to till I am happy.

The only Image I have on hand to show what I mean:

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/attachments/painting/14951d1326669685t-some-da-i-completed-recently-385061_10150522744384172_596294171_8640177_159179408_n.jpg

Need to rework the censer now that I look at it....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/GMBelial/DA%20Minis/IMG_8934_zpscecacf29.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/GMBelial/DA%20Minis/IMG_8933_zpsf6a812b4.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/GMBelial/DA%20Minis/IMG_8932_zps79736c99.jpg

Here is mine for ideas.

These are my latest WIP. I'm still not sure of the split scheme even after seeing the cool GMB bikes.

One thing is for sure.. I'm keeping the bike fairings black as a raven's wings.

gallery_404_1264_1286967.jpg

gallery_404_1264_1420522.jpg

@deathspectersgt7: I use Vallejo paint for my bone colour.. it's the equivalent of the old GW kommando khaki and the new karak stone. It's a thin colour and with two layers it gets really smooth.

Big B looks great with his 'proper' weapon load out :tu:

Although GMBs split scheme look good; I agree with keeping the bikes black, I would recomend giving the 'feathers' or at least the feather surrounds a bit more visual lift with a stone style (Codex grey, Devlan wash and Fortress grey HL)or a dark metal style (Chainmail and a couple of very heavy black washes) look to prevent them looking unfinished in comparison to the black farings.

s

• 7 months later...

Some more work done, for a doubles tournament:

gallery_404_1264_803174.jpg

gallery_404_1264_418172.jpg

Lists were a bit extreme and me and my partners were a bit o the conservative side, so we walked out with 3 defeats. Live and learn. Even a single Dark Talon would have been a great to deal with some of the threats present... 2 would've been nice.

Archived