Angels of Redemption - Slooooow and steady

Chaplain Lucifer

They're coming along nicely and look pretty good as a complete force. I'd love to see some insignia added and a few washes to some of the flesh etc., but they look really nice. I particularly like the deep red you've used - it works very well as a spot colour.

It certainly helps to have a deadline to paint to. I managed to paint some Ravenwing and some Deathwing this year, but that's about it. Black Knights will be next, but probably only once I have moved house!

• 1 month later...

gallery_404_1264_446534.jpg

Latest adition to my AoR. I didn't glue the weapons so I can use it as Dark Talon sometimes. I don't care about internet rantings on Nephilim.. it's a fine looking aircraft and by the Emperor's apendix, it will fly along the rest of my army.

I have no problem with the flyers being used in an anti-infantry role but I prefer the dark talon as the blast is fine for guard and orks where their armour save is negligible anyway, the hurricane bolters are great, and the bomb can be handy to blunt an assault or prepare an enemy unit for an assault. Also I would much rather pay 160 points than 180!

Question is, since the one side is so dark (almost looks black in the image) anyway, do you want that wing pattern on the dark side to stand out?  If so, do the wings in dark red.  If not, then keep them black.

gallery_404_1264_707205.jpg

gallery_404_1264_718388.jpg

A bit more progress done. The interior is painted so I could glue canopy. I painted 1st coat of green and just highlighted teh black wings a bit to give idea of the final product. So far I'm liking it... doesn't seem overly dark. But once the model is finished then further conclusions can be drawn.

• 3 months later...

Scout squad complete:

gallery_404_1264_1418265.jpg

gallery_404_1264_552328.jpg

I wanted a more stealthy feel, so alot of stuff like the guns was kept in black. I tried to keep a limited palette going so they're not like a circus company. ;) I'm kind of proud of how the cloack cammo turned out.

Good work. Flier works for me, contrast between green and black still stands out . As for the scouts just finished mine (must do a wip thread) and was feeling happy how I did the camo cloaks, I feel a little less smug now.

Wow CL - libby on bike is awsome sauce. Loving the black raven feathers theme you have there. Is that how you treat all you RW or just characters?

Cheers

I

• 11 months later...

Archived