Angels head to head - the Dark beat the Blood!

marvmoogy

I planned to go to Warhammer World today with a friend....but last minute sickness meant that the 2k game was off.

As I had the day off from work, I thought I'd go over anyway.  Whilst there, 3 friendly chaps introduced themselves and before you know it, I'm setting up a very shooty DA force to face the Blood Angels.

My greenwing of 3 tactical squads, 1 5 man dav squad, 2 dreadnoughts and Libby with command squad along with a Deathwing detachment of a Chaplain with command squad, a 5 man termie squad and a Land Raider Crusader hit the battlefield......

I tried the list I posted here (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/272850-2000-point-to-face-csm/) and I'm pleased to say it was a HUGE success.

In a 6 turn game of "obliterate-any-model-that-isn't-your's-on-the-battlefield", I scored 9 victory points by the end of the 2nd turn with no way for my opponent to win.  

Whilst I was nervous of the 3 assault squads getting close to my lines, the standard of many bolt shots and Deathwing standard really helped out.

In short, 3 (10 man) assault squads, 2 chaplains, 1 commander, 1 (10 man) tactical squad were all wiped out.  In fact, all that was left were the 5 Man dev squad, 5 man combat squad and about 7 out of 10 marines in the last tactical squad.

A good day for the Lion methinks!

Congratulations! Sounds like you had fun and a good game to boot. Blood Angels are one of the opponents I usually struggle with as they can get into your lines so quickly, so it's always nice to hear how someone has dealt with them. Any tips?

for me, it was just a case of sticking to the plan.  3 tactical squads plus a command squad within 6" of the dakka banner and my deathing split in to DW assault and the chappy with mace of redepmtion and the command squad in a LR crusader.  I just shot lots and lots and got lucky with the rolls!

My opponent did manage to get his HQ unit into CC but it was surprisingly weak....especially when after wiping out 1 squad, the unit was in range of 8 bolters all firing 4 shots each!

LOL....blood angels are one reason that I run the DW list that I do...they specialize in speed...but that's useless when you have no line for them to rush.    Their antitank consists almost exclusively of melta (though a damned lot of it!), so giving them first turn gives them...nothing.  And on second turn, you're warping in the rest of the pain train, so you have 1850 points (minus potentially a crusader, if they got lucky on turn two) massed against whichever portion of their force you fancy...Death company?  four twinlinked ass cannons, eight twinlinked stormbolters, and four hurribolters later, and they're not threatening the 24 termies that you have massed inside a 6" radius.  Anything else?  They're either not AP2, or they're ASL.  Nom nom!

It's good to see that my other list, (azzy+devastation+bolterspam) would ruin them, as well.  I despise space vampires even more than I despise space vikings.

Archived