question concerning the company master and DWA

tomsev

hello battle brothers

quick question can i put a jump pack company master in a deathwing terminator squad and then deepstrike in or not ?

dont know if this has already been asked ifso sorry....

thanks tomsev 

Correct.  You may join a deathwing unit with an independent character who has a jump pack, and then place them into reserves.  However, they may not DWA due to the presence of the non-TDA model in the unit.  So...why would you do that???

true true im just thinking out loud trying to find a way to get a company master into a list without termie armour but i guess without him being azrael i guess i just wont go there...

The best use I've seen suggested is the Company Master with jump pack that attaches to a bike squad. He can't turbo-boost, but otherwise, he can keep up with them. He can be kitted out with artificer armor, allowing him to do some wound-tanking for the squad. Here's the thread: Company Master with Jump Pack.

If you're just really itching to have a company master in the list working with deathwing, you could attach him to a command squad, vet squad, or even assault squad w/o jump packs and bring them down in a drop pod. They could come down simultaneously with a turn 1 deathwing assault. Alternatively, they could bring a locator-beacon-equipped pod down on turn 1 and the deathwing assault could come in on turn 2, keying on the beacon (if it's still alive).

Am I the only one who thinks that it's just a bit wrong that you can have a jump pack Company Master "attached" to a teleporting Termy squad arriving by Deep Strike together? I don't doubt that it's rules compliant but really? "You guys get ready and, on my signal, hit the teleport button. I'll be several thousand miles away, but I'll make sure I time my Thunderhawk drop to coincide with you rematerialising. I'm sure it'll be fine - what could possibly go wrong?"

Obviously the jump pack guy is carrying a pocket teleport homer. Duh. msn-wink.gif

Of course! When an answer doesn't exist in this made up world, make it up. If you want precedence, The Purging of Kadillus did have Belial (still a 3rd Company Master) in POWER ARMOR teleport with a squad of Deathwing. Just because game mechanics says only Terminators can teleport, does not mean that there can not be a personal teleporter of some kind reserved for times like these.

Game-wise though, as others have noted, I don't think Co. Master w/JP is the best leader of teleporting DW.

Actually a number of novels have marines use teleportation to deploy without being in terminator armor. Blood Angels Omnibus did it. Of course game wise making everyone able to teleport in for normal games would just get crazy.

Archived