General things and second founding

Sviar

Hello

I have been interested in BA since the late 1990s. I have as of yet never acted on it though, not more then to paint a few RT marines in BA colour. But now I feel like re-paint many of my marines (lets face it, starting from scratch is a costly task).

Looking through Lexicanum I found several second foundings that was from a fluff standpoint very intereting, as I am a fluff playeryes.gif.

How do you regard Knights of Blood, Renegades or loyalist?Their fluff is intriguing, and somewhat sad. As is the Flesh Tearers, do you think a fresh stock of Geneseed seed would save them? or are they doomed to face extinction whitin a few thousand years?

It is hinted that Ka'Bandha is responsonable for the Black Rage, shouldn't it be Horus? Did he participated in the attack of Baal? It is stated that Knights of Blood did battle his hordes at the defence of Baal in 999 M41.

I haven't really decided whether I choose Ba, FT or KoB. But fluff/a interest in the chapter is what motivates me to paint on., without it, I would find it hard to complete any project.

Do you have a quote for Ka'Bandha being responsible? Only I thought it was the psychic scream of Sanguinius' death that caused it.

As for the Knights of Blood, they are loyalists in my eyes. They still fight for Sanguinius and the Emperor, it is just the High Lords of Terra/various Inqusitors that have decided otherwise. If they were renegade, why would they have come to Baal's aid in the most recent fluff?

Hello

I have been interested in BA since the late 1990s. I have as of yet never acted on it though, not more then to paint a few RT marines in BA colour. But now I feel like re-paint many of my marines (lets face it, starting from scratch is a costly task).

Looking through Lexicanum I found several second foundings that was from a fluff standpoint very intereting, as I am a fluff playeryes.gif.

How do you regard Knights of Blood, Renegades or loyalist?Their fluff is intriguing, and somewhat sad - Renegades as far as the wider Imperium is concerned, but I suspect they consider themselves to be doing the Emperors work still - . As is the Flesh Tearers, do you think a fresh stock of Geneseed seed would save them? - They would not accept anything other than more Flesh Tearers geneseed, and there are no undamaged stocks of that, geneseed is sacrosanct to marines, different geneseed equals not the same chapter to them - or are they doomed to face extinction whitin a few thousand years? - Possibly all the BA lines face this anyway -

It is hinted that Ka'Bandha is responsonable for the Black Rage, shouldn't it be Horus? - This refers to events in the Horus Heresy/Signus Prime cluster, look out for 'Fear to Tread' from black library for more - Did he participated in the attack of Baal? - Not sure, but I think he is leading the Daemon part of it - It is stated that Knights of Blood did battle his hordes at the defence of Baal in 999 M41. - Are battling, this is an event that is still happening as far as the 40k timeline goes -

I haven't really decided whether I choose Ba, FT or KoB. But fluff/a interest in the chapter is what motivates me to paint on., without it, I would find it hard to complete any project.

Thanks for the replies.

I too do not think that the KoB are renegades, because when you look at their fluff and actions, it seems that they are doing what any loyal marine would do. I was not aware that the they are still defending Baal.

When it comes to the Black Rage, I'd do as you recommended and pick up Fear to Tread yes.gif . @Jolemai you asked if I got a qoute. Yes I do but it is not from a 100% reliable sourcewhistlingW.gif , it is from 40K Lexicanum. Here is the qoute:

Ka'Bandha is a Bloodthirster of Khorne and is described as the mightiest of Khorne's servants.[2b] Responsible for breaking Sanguinius' legs during the battle for Signus Prime, it may also have been responsible for the Black Rage afflicting the Blood Angels and their Successor Chapters to this day.[1a]"

Once again, thank you all for being so helpful. I'm going to buy the Blood Angels Codex and carefully read all the fluff, and of course see what kind of an army I can put together.

Archived