Need Advice for DA Successor Chapter Name

Eulfein

Greetings brothers!

Im trying to create a successor chapter for the Unforgiven with emphasis on "Lions" instead of angels. Any suggestions? I'm kinda stumped. hehehehe

Im actually fleshing out the concept of the chapter in my head. One thing is certain is that the 1st company of my chapter is black and not the bone white armour of the Deathwing. still thinking of how my 2nd company will be coloured. Trying out a few Lion-oriented names in my head. 

Thanks for the tip though brother!

The "Angels of [blank]" naming convention only seems to apply to 2nd founding chapters - you could get away with just about anything after that.

I'd pick a name for your chapter's homeworld, and go for "Lions of [insert planet name here]".  Or you could be something more generic like "Lions of the Emperor" or "Knights of the Lion".  (Perhaps "Lions of Vengeance" or "Avenging Lions", to emphasize ties with the Angels of Vengeance?  I dunno if that would be too similar for your tastes.)

If you were a Grey Knights successor (not that they exist but run with it!) you could be the Nemesis Doom Lions....... ;)

How about the "Lions of Caliban"? That would make the Dark Angel connection obvious......

Dust Bunnies!

haha?

How about the..

Shadow Lions

Shadow Guard

Lion Blades

The Manticores (Kinda like lions, and fits with the monsters of Caliban Fluff)

Shadow Claws

Dark Claws

Lions of Vengeance

Or.. you could stick with the Dust Bunnies. :p

You could consider a variation on the word lion. Leonis, for example, would make a great second name modifying an appropriate first name.

Angels Leonis

Knights Leonis

etc.

Is there any specific fluff about your chapter that could lead to name ideas?

Dust Bunnies!

Fluffy dust Bunnies of the Calibanite deep forest who loves carrots of the emperor and live in a hole prawling in the night.

Battle Cry: ONOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

See? I can out silly you tongue.png

Purgatory Ignis (fires of purgatory duh)

Revenants of [ ]

Iron knights of [ ] / Caliban

Vengeance seekers

Retributors

The Condemned (that actually sounds chaosy....)

Santctifiers

Hallowed brotherhood

Knights of the Inner Circle (Troll the inquisition :P)

Traitor Guardsman: "The servants of the false emperor are HERE!"

Traitor Governor: "Where?"

Guardsman: "There!"

Governor: "What, behind the Dust Bunnies?"

Guardsman: "They ARE the Dust Bunnies!"

Governor: "You silly sod! You got us all worked up!"

Guardsman: "Well, those are no ordinary dust bunnies! Those are the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered dust bunnies you ever set eyes on! They've got a vicious streak a mile wide! They're killers!"

Governor: "What'll they do? Nibble our bums?"

Guardsman: "They've got terminator-- eh-- they zoom about on bikes-- look at the BONES!"

Traitor Guardsman: "The servants of the false emperor are HERE!"

Traitor Governor: "Where?"

Guardsman: "There!"

Governor: "What, behind the Dust Bunnies?"

Guardsman: "They ARE the Dust Bunnies!"

Governor: "You silly sod! You got us all worked up!"

Guardsman: "Well, those are no ordinary dust bunnies! Those are the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered dust bunnies you ever set eyes on! They've got a vicious streak a mile wide! They're killers!"

Governor: "What'll they do? Nibble our bums?"

Guardsman: "They've got terminator-- eh-- they zoom about on bikes-- look at the BONES!"

"Look, My Liege, Camelot!"

"Camelot"

".......it's only a model"

"Shhhhhhhh....."

Leonis Astra? The feline counterpart to the Carcharodons Astra? msn-wink.gif

Just don't be surprised if a cat-fight ensues whenever the two meet.

Bonus points for writing up a "The Lion and the Shark" story as a chapter-specific counterpart to "The Lion and the Wolf".

WatchCaptainAzrael, on 21 Mar 2013 - 16:34, said:

Brother Immolator, on 21 Mar 2013 - 16:28, said:

I think the OP is scared enough of us now....

But how will he face the Fallen if he cannot face his deepest fears such as they are!?

Fallen? Bah, he might have signed up to a fully fledged chaos marine band by now. At least they would give him some sane (as far as it gets) answers, dark apostle including. biggrin.png

EDIT: And the scarry thing is, that it started (sort of) from a mod...I think all of us are getting nuts.

EDIT2: However now that I think of it, to his credit if you latinize (thats the 10th word I create in the last 30 days, yeeeey me!) it, Leonis Oscuros/Oscura is a pretty good sounding name, Dark Lions / Lions of Darkness, if a bit creepy....

I think the OP is scared enough of us now....

But how will he face the Fallen if he cannot face his deepest fears such as they are!?

I think he needs an uplifting quote from the book of Azzykins :P

Moving on... I think... brain is unsure...

I have been trying to figure out a name for my dudes as well. "The Dudes" as there are referred to right now just is not fitting...

Although now I want to model a bunch of Space Marines with Bathrobes and a bowling ball bag and call them "The Dudes" and enter them into some painting comps...

Anyways back on topic...

Some of the working names are Angels of St. Dineal, Angel's Vesper, Knights Vesper, Knights of Redemption, etc... No stealing, but might help?

Archived