[Artwork] Rubric Marine

-Brutus-

Neat smile.png

The proportions of the legs seem a bit off. Also, what the hell is going on with his shadow? It looks so crude compared to the rest of the piece. There's no texturing or blending like you see in the rest of the composition, or even a defined shape. it's just marker-like streaks of solid black. Between the shadow and the way his feet and shins look beside the ground, it's almost like he was just slapped on top of another finished picture.

And I would really like to see some sort of spirit mist or ashes or something translucent like that falling/wisping around the holes. But that's just me, and it would risk ruining the effect. tongue.png

Over all, pretty nice. You have a solid talent for coloring. The guardsmen are also an excellent touch But I can't take my eyes away from that shadow. blink.png

Thanks for the feedback guys..

@Greyall I acutally sketched the whole warrior before turning him into a silhouette so I might just draw him later. And then with spirit mist as Firepower suggested.

@Firepower: Thanks for the hints. I'm not sure where the legs are out of proportion though. On my own monitor the shadow looks fine. But when I viewed the same picture from my Ipad the image was brighter and I could see that you were right. The shadow is horrible. I'll have to redo that! And while I'm at it.. I might redo the Guardsmans hand on the right. I did the background with the guardsmen last and ended up being more happy with the background than the marine.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I fixed the errors now I think. Worked on the sadow a bit (even though I just can't see it on my screen), made the shin longer and fixed a few minor issues.

I hope it's better now!

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/091/4/d/rubric_marine_by_bastianst-d6014fu.jpg

Archived