Your unit's killstreaks

Tiger9gamer

Alright, decided to open up a new topic for a fun little bragging rite thing. What is you deathstar's/Prized unit's kill record? For example, my unit

[Warlord: Interrogator-chaplain Mordecai (Terminator armor, crozius mace, Mace of redemption) -170pts

Elite 1: Deathwing Knights (5 vets, land raider crusader w/ Multi-melta & deathwing vehicle)-525pts]

has killed Fateweaver, a 5 man honor guard squad and Chapter master Darrth Va-der, 10 wyches, 20 Sons of horus Legion tactical marines and a Preatorian, A 7 man volkite Charger squad, a 10 man assault squad, 7 seraphim, 2 genestealers, The Lord of Change, and a 5 man warp talon squad.

Go ahead, post your Boasts! teehee.gif

In a single game?

My deathwing Knight squad counter charged a blood thirster, between his attacks and the libbys rerolls I lost 3. Then proceeded to power up the maces and show him the meaning of oblivion. Then killed a unit of letters and the warpstorm blew the libby apart adding a herald which tied the squad down till the end of the game. They clobbered him in the end.

no, just all over the games you played. tell stories, have fun! biggrin.png

ooooh nice, Immolator. I wish I had as much sucess against Daemons as you do! sadly, the guy who plays it loves cheese X-X

It was a tie in the end, but it was fun. Nah deamons aren't cheese at all, they just need a good player behind the ropes. I fear marines of any kind will have a problem against them though, especially with allied CSMs. Any of their units having the deamon in their profile benefit for the deamon Icons for deepstriking (oblits/princes/warp talons etc).

One of the most successful:

1 chaplain in PA, charged tac. squad, wiped tac. combat squad, wiped thunderfire cannon and techie and finally cutted down master of the forge with convertion beamer all by himself. It was in 5th ed, when artillery was not so broken wound-toughness wise.

I had a unit of 11 death company and a recluciarch chaplain kill an ork stompa in 1 assault. they then go on to wipeout 30 shoota boys, 14lootas,10 nobs(with painboy), and a mega armored warboss. All in a single 7turn game.

I also had a single vet with a melta gun take out a hammerhead, 2 broadsides, and 8 firewarriors. all by himself.

Belial and Deathwing Squad = Daemon Prince, 10 Khorne Berzerkers.

Daemon Prince with Wings charged into my Ravenwing Command Squad. The Champion answered the Daemon's challenge and died to protect his squad. The Ravenwing command Squad broke off and fired a rad grenade at the daemon prince and wounded him twice with other weapons. Belial personally guns him down. The Hunt went well.

The Khorne Berzerkers surged into massed overwatch fire, their Champion kills the Deathwing Sgt in their challenge as Belial cuts down more of their number. Their Skull Champ is the sole survivor after my Powerfists. Belial corrects that oversight. Game called because of time, Boo!

Best was Inter Chappy and Assault Squad (I know weak in Assault) drop in and support devs against Nob and Boys squad. Charged in and Killed every single Nob including Doc and the Chappy smoked his Big Mek. What was left destroyed the boys squad after Dev's softened up all thirty of them with some support fire. Had six in the Assault squad and Chappy with 2 wounds continue on and run into the shootas he had left and clean up while a dread was working the backfield of his hard. Was rather amazing and a good thing since they were my only really productive units in the whole game. Have had a soft spot for chappy and assault squad ever since. This was in 5th though.

In a prior edition...3rd?  4th?  I don't remember...my plasma cannon venerable dreadnought bagged TWO hammerheads in a single game.  Back when a glancing 6 was "destroyed."  So...3 to hit, 6 to glance, and then 6 to kill...comes to something like a 2% chance per shot.  And he did it twice in the same game!

Let's see...there was the time a thundernator smacked eldrad back before thundernators were cool.  The time my OHIL spanked eldrad with purgatus (oh, you get three powers per turn?  Try that at LD7 against my LD10 PH, beeyotch!), or the time the same OHIL hammer(of witches)ed a PBS (nearest D6 enemy psychers take a perils test...only, combine that with the PBS's special rules and the result is D6xD3 summary executions!).  And then there was the time that Zeke instagibbed dante.  More recently, my TDA libby instagibbed a dreadknight. But the vennie potting a pair of railheads in the same game tops them all.

More funnily, I once had a squad of harlies run through three dreaddies in my black/white list....only, they had too many kisses for the job, ensuring that all three exploded.  The last dreddy's blast killed the last four harlies!%5Burl=

I got 2, both from 5th ed.

Huge Apocalypse game where I fielded 1500 points of ravenwing with an int chappy on his bike with a melta bomb. That guy went on to wipe out a full tactical squad in two turns, survive a crap ton of shooting to melta bomb a lr crusader. Next turn a ten man vanguard vet squad deepstruck on him and charged him, he survived the 30ish power weapon attacks, killed 4, and chased them off the board. Ah the guy across form me did not like me that game...

Also had a game vs tau where a tactical squad got shot to death in one turn leaving only a single metla gunner alive. He proceeded to run up to a broadside squad, instakill one with his gun, charge the other, wound it and run it down. Then turned around and melted the hq suit thingy with a single shot, got charged but a tau squad, survived their attacks, killed one, won combat, ran them down and then at survived till the end of the game to run to an objective (we were playing a game where a single model could pick them up). After that game I had to glue several awards on to him.

I have a plasma cannon marine who has taken part in almost every game I've played in the last 2 years, and has never killed himself due to Gets Hot!, which is a pretty good achievement I think. smile.png

Archived