Azrael and allied honour guard... C:SM

tomsev

so ive been thinking of this instead of a DA command squad or vet squad. i think it could work... and it would even go with a SoD army... of course its would be a bit expensive as in order to it un needed a SM chapter master which comes in stock at 125pts but just stick a relic blade on him and leave him in the DA command squad with the banner. then we have azrael and 4-5 honour guard armed almost the same way he is(bolter, power weapon, bolt pistol, artificer armour.) so they wouldreally benefit from his 4++... wht do you think ghen just take 5 sniper scouts with telion for the troops and a storm talon for extra anti air...

what do you think?

thanks Tomsev 

thats what im planning to play a FUN 3000pts,single FOC, allies allowed, no forgeworld however, doubles game, 6000pts each side... coming up in 3 weeks... will be playing against C:CSM and Orks... 

Im thinking of DA with C:SM allies, well i just want to take both armies together... could be fun, and my ally is afriend with a big blob guard army, so body count isnt an issue here...

i want to put both masters on the board, Azrael and Marneus Calgar. Ive always loved the thought of he 2 fighting side by side on the battlefield... i know it would be expensive but to hell with it i want to have fun!! so iwant a gut punching force to play with...

Those two are the opposite extremes (at least as I have it in my mind) of one another, but it would make an interesting sight.

It is a good idea non the less but I could think some more interesting combinations for 500 pts.

EDIT: IMHO the best to take as allied SMs are the BA (not that we need them but they are the best of the pile).

You can have Azzy in a Storm Raven with death company and play Blood for the Blood god, Erhm I mean by the Blood of Sanquinius and the Lion biggrin.png

Tool em up with a hammer and a few Powerweaps and infernus pistols, deepstrike and charge. Add libby dread for more hilarity.

Do you have the models already and are dead set on Codex marines or are you flexible?

EDIT2: Turbo boost / zoom / flat out / whatever the thing does and charge, I think Stormravens don't deep strike now do they?

i know that its wouldnt really happen, but like ii said this is for fun... i just have always like both of them and have run both of them in seperate armies, so just fir fun i want them both in the fight... like i said i dont have to worry about numbers in bodies as im with blob guard... 

i hav all the models already... i know i could get a storm raven, but i dont like the risk of it getting blown up on arrival... 

as i said before this is purely a fun game where everyone is playing unusual lists so its fun time... 

EDIT: IMHO the best to take as allied SMs are the BA (not that we need them but they are the best of the pile).

You can have Azzy in a Storm Raven with death company and play Blood for the Blood god, Erhm I mean by the Blood of Sanquinius and the Lion biggrin.png

Tool em up with a hammer and a few Powerweaps and infernus pistols, deepstrike and charge. Add libby dread for more hilarity.

EDIT2: Turbo boost / zoom / flat out / whatever the thing does and charge, I think Stormravens don't deep strike now do they?

Unfortunately Allies, even brotherhood allies, can't join each other's transports. So Azzy can join the DC but he then can't jump in their Storm Raven. sad.png

And as to your second question all the flyers, I believe, have had Scout/Deep Strike taken away from them.

but can i have say azrael and honour guard in a heavy support choice land raider? i know they wouldnt deploy in it but could they embark first turn?

Unfortunately not

However, note that not even Battle Brothers can embark in

allied transport vehicles.

Also, for sake of this example, if Azzy and Command Squad were from the same Codex, they could deploy in a Heavy Support Land Raider.

i understand what your saying... damn oh well here goes 2+ 4++ honour guard on your door step... however they might make it into an allied contingent for a SoD army... as counter assault... 

ok just reread my codex... banner doesnt affect allies...

bye bye honour guard

Unfortunately Allies, even brotherhood allies, can't join each other's transports. So Azzy can join the DC but he then can't jump in their Storm Raven. sad.png

And as to your second question all the flyers, I believe, have had Scout/Deep Strike taken away from them.

Good catch, demonstrates my complete inexperience born of contempt for the allies rules (good thing DA don't need em biggrin.png).

Thanks bro!

If you take two FoC at 2000 points, then you can include a second SM HQ and make it a Libby with gates of infinity and null zone....attach him to you Death Star and then you have the ability to "bounce" 24" a turn and, once you get into combat, force re-rolls on every Invul saves, which makes your unit even deadlier, especiallynifnyour Honor Guard have Power Axes for AP 2 goodness.

Alternately, if you are willing to use FW, use Sevrin Loth..... He is a librarian, but unlocks Honor Guard and can take an entire discipline (6 powers) from the Rule Book. Choose Telekinesis for Gates of Infinity and whatever other powers you want to use (I recommend activating his armor for a 2++ with one warp charge, using GoI with a second, and hitting selected enemies with Objuration Mechanicum for reduced effectiveness in their attacks).

true true... GoI could be deadly on deathwing terminators, i mean belial, interrogator chaplain, 10man deathwing squad with all the bling and an allied C:SM libby in termie armour for no scatter, 24inch bunnyhopping, twin linked shooting on each deepstrike arrival, and reroll on the charge with the chaplain... i think ive found a 1000pts if not more deathstar, but what a deathstar...

Archived