IronDuke's random WIP

IronDuke

After a long period where I was unable to model/collect, I am finally able to resume collecting my Lamenters.  

For extra motivation I thought I would post pictures, and try and get feedback.  

First of all, I am touching up some older models, and wanted feedback on the camouflage for my scouts - the one on the left is the new version, versus the plain brown on the right - opinions?

IMAG0255

I am also in the process of repainting my old Vindicare, and thought I would share current progress, before he gets a liberal dose of camo.  

IMAG0258

Cheers, 

ID 

The Lamenters suffered catastrophic casualties at the claws of Hive Fleet Kraken.  The current chapter master, Thaddeus has deemed it necessary, where possible for squads to be supported by apothecaries - by doing so, he hopes to preserve the dwindling resources of his chapter.  

Durchmeid 1

Durchmeid 2

Marines of Tac Squad Durchmeid 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words folks. Apologies for the extremely slow rate at which I paint, but extremely busy at the moment.

Apart from small details, Sgt. Durchmeid is finished - I am not happy with the battle damage on his shield, but apart from that he is good to go.

gallery_40962_8286_38474.jpg

I have also done a quick colour test on one of the cultists from Dark Vengeance - he is probably a bit bright, but I am pleased with the scheme

gallery_40962_8286_29253.jpg

Also in the pipeline are some IG allies for my marines - just looking for some inspiration for details I can add to remove some of the Cadian vibe!

gallery_40962_8286_139434.jpg

Any C+C welcome

Cheers,
ID

Whilst I am chugging through the tac squad I have also been working on some attack bikes for fast support:

gallery_40962_8286_54231.jpg

Here are the current pair at different levels of progress.

Cheers, ID

• 3 months later...

Thread resurrection! Painting has been going extremely slowly as a consequence of work and uni, but here is an update on the combat squad and Sergeant Durchmeid

gallery_40962_8286_169879.jpg

The Chapter has been devastated by Tyranids and is still suffering from the consequences of their treachery at Badab - nevertheless the marines of the Lamenters have pride in their colours and for this reason most squads bear banners into battle. To try and combat the heavy casualties many squads also have designated medics - though these brothers have not completed the training of full apothecaries, they are nevertheless skilled in patching up their brothers in order to avoid fatalities where possible.

gallery_40962_8286_60013.jpg

I have also been doing some colour tests on future allies for the Lamenters - I feel that the red guardsman on the right looks a bit too much like traitor guard though - opinions and suggestions are welcome!

gallery_40962_8286_320436.jpg

The force as it currently stands, incorporating much of the remains of the Lamenters 2nd Company - 47 tactical brothers, 6 devestators and 12 assault marines. Some bikes scouts and sternguard also make a cameo - now I need to get back to painting.

Criticism and feedback appreciated!

Cheers, ID

Archived