Forge world Deathshroud termies

Jsmarriner

Hey folks,

I am getting ready to head over to Afghanistan for a year and wont have much to do in my spare time so I figured I would actually put together the Thousand Sons army I have been planning for a while. I have been drooling over several of the FW models to include the Deathshroud Termies. I love those scythes they carry.

I have a question though, Since from what I can see, the CSM termies have to have a gun somewhere and the deathshroud models don't appear to have one, how would you use them? Would I have to do some light conversion? I am sure it wouldn't be a stretch to use the scythes as power axes but the whole gun thing has me scratching my head.

I see a lot of talk about similar models being used as Sorcerers for a counts-as Obliterators unit. I've got some converted Grey Knight termies that I use myself, but the deathshrouds shouldn't need any conversions for something like that, at least not in my opinion. Maybe you could even run them as Mutilators if that is more your thing.

Hi JS,

From what I understand the Deathshroud have wrist mounted flamers (you can just make them out if you zoom in on the FW site) so it might not take much work to swap them out with the wrist mounted weapons the BA Sanguinary Guard carry. I love those models and have been toying around with a similar conversion so post some pics once you are underway, those scythes and poses are pretty cool.

Ok I can see it now that you pointed it out. On the right arm. I guess with a bit of imagination that could be a combi bolter.

I am planning on using heads and shoulder pads from puppetswar. They have a good bit of Egyptian god stuff. that way it keeps the theme together.

Archived