So... How to play offensive?

Tiger9gamer

So here is my bit. I am sure it is redundant, but I will say this anyways. When it comes to playing aggressively it is all about attitude. You need to make sure your opponent isn't going to scare you with his big shiny things. Daemon prince on the board with wings and a 2+ cover save? Ignore it. I guarantee your opponent is going to be thinking a lot harder about what he does when you start tarpitting and positioning your guys so that he doesn't get to use his 300 pt beast. Playing for objectives? Hit him in the knickers and take out as many scoring units as possible early on. Put him in a position where even if he has more guns he might not be able to kill what you have left. Going second? Accept your licks and give them back to your opponent. Do not be afraid to focus fire on something if it brings it down. You do not want anything that can be dealt with by you to not be dealt with by you. If you don't have anti flyer stuff and they have flyers keep your head down hurt what they have left and giggle that they forced you to take out all their scoring units. Not to mention flyers don't show up until turn two turn three. Make sure you don't worry about your opponent. Make them worry about you. If you can prioritize your targets and take them out. Move forward and keep them worried about a few key targets on your end.. Like your knights. You will do fine. Tool your list to be aggressive if you want to be aggressive. Marching a Land Raider up the field won't do much without proper support. Two Bikers units and a dreadnaught firing from behind the Land Raider have worked wonders for me softening up my opponent and forcing them to figure out what to go for, while opening up targets for me to smash into with my five man knights. Use your list the way you designed it. Take losses into consideration. Hurt them more than they hurt you. Put your expendables in the front. No one likes losing your plasma gunner because you forgot to have him in the back row.

I'd suppose I learned being aggressive from playing Dark Eldar. Their gubbins are so fragile you need to be almost desperately offensive to get him before he gets you.

So, update.

I played against a necron player in a 1000 point battle and didn't bring the usual tanks... Instead, I brought a full RW squadron and a DW squad w/ libby. Pretty much drove the RW up,  and DWA near him to be agressive, and it more or less worked! 

Archived