Project Gaius Point

Ratboy1664

Greetings and welcome to my W.I.P. of the Flesh Tearers massacre of the local milita in a rage of bloodlust after having wiped out an Ork artillery position.

First up is the setting. This is a defensive Imperial position from Forgeworld which I thought would be perfect for a defensive line breach. After reading around I have established that Gaius Point is located in the Fire Wastes part of Armageddon and so I am going for a dry brown rock base covered in sulphur dust. Not only is this realistic but the yellow will set of my dark red Flesh Tearers really well (hopefully!)

w.i.p. top down view

w.i.p. top down view 2

w.i.p angled view

w.i.p close up view

Now my Flesh Tearer. I feel he is complete bar weathering and battle damage. His pose may look weird but as you will see it works well in the diorama. I don't know how many Flesh Tearers will end up in the final piece but I am sure about where one more will go.

Flesh Tearer

Close Up Helmet

Front

Left Shoulder

Back

Right Shoulder

Part 2

Here is one of the militia. He is from a set of casualties from Pig Iron and as you can see from the size comparison he makes the normal sized GW marine look true scaled which is a happy accident.

Victim

Size Comparison

And finally a rough draft of how these two will fit into the scene. I picture the civvy, having already been wounded, to be attempting to hide unaware that a Flest Tearer is about to drop on him and chop him into teeny tiny pieces.

I See You

Breaching The Defences

Weathering will be mostly using yellow powders as I see the Fire Wastes as being dusty not muddy. Gore is a definite as these guys are meant to be uncontrollable after wiping out an Ork position and there may be one or two minor paint scratches but that is it. I have never attempted weathering effects before so I imagine there will be a lot of trial and error but for now I intend to get the basic paint jobs done first.

Much Love

This is the captain. He is a conversion of the Seth model as 1) he needed to be looking down at his victim, 2) fighting without a helmet is stupid even for a psychopath and 3) never wear a cloak in battle - just watch the incredibles. Enjoy.

Captain: front

Captain: left arm

Captain: rear

Captain: right arm

Captain's victim

Probable pose

Probable pose 2

View so far

view so far 2

current top down view

I so hope this turns out as well as that story deserves. One of my favorite shorties.

I know you haven't gotten that far in the project yet, but blood, lots and lots of blood, and these guys need to be super damaged. They look beat up in peace time, so after ripping apart an army of Orks, there should hardly be any paint left on their armor biggrin.png

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok long time no see but I never promised that this would be a quick project :) I have been working on the sandbags and there is something niggling me about them which I can't put my finger on. Is it the colour, texture, too uniform, too flat?, please throw in your opinions and suggestions as I need help! Oh and can anyone with experience of the artillery suggest what kind of material the base boards would be that they use to keep pieces from sinking into the mud, and what colour/markings might be on them.

Much love and now the pics:

SAM 0227

SAM 0228

SAM 0229

SAM 0231

SAM 0232

Archived