Starting Over: Hobby Article

CitadelArmyGuy

Awesome. I like the fighting for the right cause but being hunted for reasons unjust. Duty and honour before "paperpushing".

Every MEQ player occasionally contemplates starting over. I'm also tempted. I just need to decide on a color scheme I like that's still firmly BA related. I'm thinking about lamenters for story, but tricky painting for the shoulders :(

If you can time some of your future painting then I think captain Semper will soon announce another great painting competition. :)

I'm looking forward to really seeing your freshly painted army.

Go for it!:)

I deliberately do the opposite - my guard and BA are painted with different paints (I use GW paints in England and Vallejio paints in China), and the colour scheme is constantly evolving. I mix and match them around in units, so models from 15 years ago sit next to ones from last week. The only thing that never changes are the bases.

The resulting look gives a wonderful 'militia' feel to the army that looks great on the tabletop. They are absolutely united but the uniform basing, but the plethora of minis and painting styles really pulls them apart, so long as I stick to the red with yellow flames of the redemption that unites them.

I can see how this approach is more difficult with marines, but you don't need to be ashamed if your army is not uniform, as uniforms are never really uniform anywhere othe than on parade.

Archived