Command Squad choice?

shortysl

I understand I'm asking what may seem a simple enough question to answer but I'd like interpretations from the wider forum.

When selecting a Command Squad for a character in Terminator armour, do you have the option of selecting a power armoured Command Squad? The wording for the Command Squad entries would seem to suggest an answer but I'm wary. You could reason that a Company level character would still be accompanied by the Company Command Squad even when wearing Terminator armour, but I don't want to be taking advantage of any loopholes here. I ask because I'm trying to create a Standard of Devastation gunline with my assault element being Belial and an Interrogator-Chaplain leading a squad of Deathwing Knights.

What's the general consensus here? Is this me becoming a WAAC player, or is this a legal (and more importantly, acceptable) list set-up?

Thanks in advance brothers.

From the wording, nothing prevents you to recruit a PA command squad with a Termi champlain or a Libby on bike.

This was my thought on the matter, but it's all too easy to get into a 'heated discussion' regarding the legality of some rules. I could see it being interpreted that the wording of the other Command Squads meant that they were the only ones intended for characters on Bikes or in Terminator armour. RAW vs. RAI I suppose but I'd rather have an answer before a game than have to come up with one during.

I really don't see hoaw it could be interpreted.

There's mention of HQ choices that don't unlock Command squads such as tech and other command squad.

Termi characters don't appear in those limitations

As a consequence you CAN field a PA command squad with a termi character.

Archived