Infiltrate and Huron Blackheart

bjoluemblem

I was wanting to try something cute with the Master of Deception warlord trait. The BRB says ICs without infiltrate "...cannot join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment." (BRB p 38). Does this mean infiltrators cannot be joined regardless of circumstance? I wanted Huron to join a unit of CSMs infiltrating, so in order for that to work, does he have to grant the USR to himself as well? I can't find any ruling on it, just general wording from the BRB and nothing in the FAQs. Any help would be appreciated.

Basically:

-Can an IC join an infiltrating unit "before" deployment, or does he have to join a unit "during" deployment?

Master of Deception gives Infiltrate to D3 Infantry units before deployment.

Page 3 tells us that lone characters are considered units.

Thus, if you give Huron infiltrate, then he can join a unit of Infiltrators during deployment and infiltrate with them.

If you give him Infiltrate the unit he join will get it to as long as he's with them.... so if he's going to join the unit there is no point in giving the unit Infiltrate (you just give it to him). This can also be used to give units who can't be given Infilitrate from his Warlord Trait, bikes for example, the ability to infiltrate.

If you can only give the trait to Infantry units, you still cannot give the trait to Bikes.

Nevermind. I see what you are saying. The IC transfers the infiltrate to the bikes.

Archived