something cool, a little different combat squad.

Since I've been laid up with back issues, I haven't been able to set and paint at the normal spot where I do so, so... I have some extra bits here and there and I wanted to create a combat squad. The theme is "the hunt." lol...

So most of the bits are coming from the devastator squad box, space marine captains box and regular marine sprue.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y398/miniaturepainterbc/IMAGE-ICQ--20130329_231653-1_zpsc4808b1e.jpg

I still have one more to build. And I'm not sure what pose I'm gonna do. I also made the mistake of gluing on the Sargents pauldrons, I don't know what chapter these guys are going to be either. I'm leaning towards blood ravens. I don't know, lol.

The melta guy I nailed it, I wanted a pose to where he is looking for a target, giving the auspex marine finding him one. I wanted him to have an open hand and ready to lower his weapon and fire.

So what do you all think? I was thinking about using an assault squad legs on the 5th pose, but I don't think it fits the theme. One guy running, and all the others just ready to pounce. Haha. Anyways, happy painting everyone.

MP

It's always nice to see squads with themed poses. I was talking with a fellow at the paint table the other day and he showed me a squad where everyone was engaged in hand to hand fighting: thrusting bayonets, smashing with bolters, that sort of thing. It's a really nice touch.

Maybe the fifth guy is also taking a knee, but he's intently scanning the distance, weapon at the ready?

Thanks for the input. I not sure of another kneeling marine would work, we'll maybe. I have 3 extra pointy arms from the command squad sprue. But the captain is already pointing at something haha.

I'll think about it and post before I prime and paint. Right now can't do much and I'm setting on the couch and thinking of a way to quickly do what I need to at the painting area of the house and maybe do my line work and details where I rest. I guess a portable paint station is an option, does anyone know of a brand other than the citadel paint station?

Archived