TH + CML

ilnar

yep, the CML can take close combat weapon upgrades as well.  In fact their is no reason not two, since it gets the CML for shooting with already.  I have two of them modeled up and I gave both of mine lightning claws because it was a free option and I was looking to keep points down.  So in my small squads, the CML not only provides a boost to shooting, he provides some extra strikes that reroll in close combat.   The TH and SS option is 5pts more, and does provide a nice bit of surviability and punch to the unit's close combat functions, even if you didn't gear the rest out for close combat.  

I'd go with the TH/CML option...if I were taking CMLs.  Funny thing is, my current list has no CMLs...for the first time since...I can't remember.  My two DWA squads have assault cannons, and my mounted squad has a HF/CF.  The 3++ from the storm shield is awesome for keeping that CML alive, though...in fact, I'd be thrilled to drop the powerfist on an assault cannon terminator for a SS!  Not on a HF, though, a terminator with S4 AP- attacks in melee is not funny, and the heavy flamer only goes into mounted assault squads.

Archived