Soooo....Tau?

march10k

Going to be playing a game agains tau tonight. I'll fill you guys in On how it goes

Please do. I have only been playing Tau, not facing. 

I would love to see more on  how my Ravenwing would do against Tau. So if you have any bikes, please let me know. 

Played "The Relic". Broadsides kill bikes.... Squads of Firewarriors die to two bikes and Sableclaw. Didnt get the BKs into combat but the plasma talons did okay... Only took the drones and one wound off the Riptide(dreadknight). I won but only because he played more timid than I did... He will be better next time. blink.png

However I did get my Ravenwing concept reinforced as a viable army and I am set on finishing it.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/The%20Ravenwing/DSCN9708.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/The%20Ravenwing/DSCN9707.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/fred40k2002/The%20Ravenwing/DSCN9706.jpg

Hmm. Didnt he have pathfinders? 

Sounds like he or you did not see much of them. 

They are pretty much a "must" in a Tau army unless you go for marker drone squad. 

Well I am happy to hear that the ravenwing did well! 

Vanguard Strike set up, so the corner to corner one. 

Pathfinders are in the center of the "Castle".  The other squad I killed with one turn of shooting may have been Pathfinders as well, They were Space Wolf Proxies so I dont remember what they were. 

He admits he should have put the pathfinders in the trees and moved the Riptide that way for a greater fire arc. I had two turns of very limited incoming fire.  Ironicly, he is the one pushing me to go "Fast Firepower" with the Ravenwing and I asked what Pirahnas did...   I am a bit troubled about what he is planning now.

Houserule is that Drinks do not hinder LOS and cup rings are not water hazzards.   He actually said, "Yeah, lets set up so I know where I can put my plate."

Right. So I got my butt kicked last night. First loss with the new DEX too. :(

Game ended 14- 6

Played the scouring which made me a little antsy about my two speeders, but I chose to go first and set up for maximum spread, but the. He seized the initiative. At the end of his turn one the game was already 3-0 as both my speeders died. After that his tetras (marker light pihrannas) basically ran the board and there was little I could do. As many have said, dropping the marker light units is key.

I blame using an experimental list and dice that haven't been used since third Ed and were either tau dice or nid dice (my friend gave me a bunch of his dice and terrain. Think I'm going to not use them anymore)

Too bad we can't get any more DA dice haha.

Sad to hear that you lost mate :(

A personal note is that I usually always deploy as I would go second. Going first is just a bonus, if you want to that is. 

But, since it was your first time with DA, I wouldn't put to much sorrow in the loss. Tau are really powerful when players don't really know each others codexes nor their own/first time use. 

What you can be happy about is that you probably learned more from the battle than he did. So you will know what weaknesses your army list has and can now rebuild some minor mistakes. 

It was just my first loss with the da. I've played for quite a long time with them. I just didn't expect him to keep his tetras in terrain. There were quite a few mistakes made. I actually would have won if the game ended turn 5. But as you said, my first game against the new tau is expected to bring some issues especially when coupled with an experimental list I've never used before. Next game I play against him will be using my ravenwing list that tables his old DEX consistently.

It was just my first loss with the da. I've played for quite a long time with them. I just didn't expect him to keep his tetras in terrain. There were quite a few mistakes made. I actually would have won if the game ended turn 5. But as you said, my first game against the new tau is expected to bring some issues especially when coupled with an experimental list I've never used before. Next game I play against him will be using my ravenwing list that tables his old DEX consistently.

Now that bat report I will be interestd in reading. 

My ravenwing list was

Sammy - sableclaw

Rwcs SSoD, grenade launcher

Two full RAS with melta guns and MMAB

NJF with AMB

Mortis dread with two lascanons

7 man knight squad.

5 man termies with AC/cf

5 man tac combat squad with a plasma cannon

The game was two months ago so I don't have any real notes on it.

so was it or wasn't it with the new tau dex? O.o

Read his post below

my own emphasis added ;)

Archived