Okay, I have been thinking about doing a Greenwing list.  Wanted to take a Command squad and using a SoD with the squad replace their pistols with boltguns.  Then I noticed I can just give them all Storm Shields.  Does this mean they can have Boltguns and Storm Shields to be a firing line of 3+ INV?

If I can take them as a semi-hardened gun-line it would make a big difference in how I place people.  20 shots (non-moving) with near-terminator resilience is pretty amazing IMO.  If anyone has tried it I would love some input.

The problem is that even with storm shields they only have T4 and 1 W and will fall to massed fire, so you're just sinking more points into them and with banner they are not cheap.. I would probably only bother putting a couple of storm shields one on the banner itself.

Chepaest way to increase their survivality is to simply put them behind a Rhino. For 35 points you get 3HP before anyone can shoot your banner. With a little bit of luck it will get wrecked and not exploded and you will get a LoS blocker in the midfield which will help to protect your Command Squad. Rhino is very easy to destroy but at least you are don't sink 250 points into LR.

Archived