New Seige Marines...

Vaz

Hi all,

Wanted to get a general opinion on the following idea;

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_MKIII_BREACHER_SIEGE_SQUAD.html

I am deeply in love with these models.

I play night lords, heresy era. Very much a comparable to the legion showcased in the books. Hate the emperor, don`t embrace chaos fully. My models display no Eye of Horus or Chaos stars, but do keep the standard edging.

I want to use these models as my plague marines count as. I would use them only to count as PM`s and feel the heavy armor, shield, would account for the added benefits of that cult troop.

Would you agree that it is a reasonable counts-as for the army type, or not suitable?

Regards,

Vaz

Sure, I would agree with that. I do something similar for Rubric Marines. At the start of every game I always go through my army and point at each unit and make sure my opponent knows what it is, and if they later make an obvious blunder based on misremembering what a counts-as unit is I let them take the action back.

Look pretty much just like my counts as "PM's", but I made my myself w the larger shloulder pads and shields from WHFB chaos warrors. So, yes, I think it's a perfectly good counts as for PM's.

Whats a blight grenade but a grenade ?? And grenades are on the reg csm sprues.

Poison is something you put on a blade, how could you even model that ?? Its not even modeled on real PM's.

I already made som counts-as plaguemarines for my Iron Warriors using boarding shields, so I obviously think it's a great idea. I put a bunch of bionics on my guys as well, just for added coolness.

I think the pm rules are adequately explained by shields and boarding experience.

The def. grenades are either smoke grenades (which is one of the examples of def grenades in the rulebook) or represents them bracing for a charge. Their poison is either just that or it might represent them being a bunch of mean mofos experienced at putting down foes in cc.

I'm having a hard time not ordering a bunch of these guys too, though :)

Archived