Heavy Flamer Termies

Nemo vas Varya

The other day, during a game, the talk of Death Termies shifted to weapon load outs, and suddenly we thought about why not a heavy flamer. If you land the thing behind vehicles, you can pen or glance all but a Land Raider from behind. Plus with the twinlinking from the landing, you have a better chance to get the good roll.

If there are no vehicles, then the flamers are in place to ruin everyone's day.

Only for a squad that tags along with Belial you can pull that risky manouvre... And having a expensive termie squad gamble on a twin-linked to get a 6 (pen hit vs AV10) to take out a vehicle doesn't seem like  such a good idea.

The flamer can Split Fire into the vehicle, the rest can shoot at something stormbolter-worthy. Also, think about 10-man termie squad, two flamers, 1 ML2 Librarian with Pyro Primaris and Telepathy Primaris - three heavy flamers, 16 TL bolter rounds, then the 3d6-Ld Wounds and a Soul Blaze cherry on top.

Could be really cool against non-PA infantry smile.png

Nemo,

I have to agree with Lucifer about taking vehicles with a heavy flamer. However Krieg has my "Command Squad" pretty much nailed. Belial for non scatter with his storm bolter, a Level 2 Libby with Pyro for a third flamer template and some soul blaze, a 10 Man with two heavy flamers and I don't care who you are infantry or even a MC will not be happy when that precision strikes and TL flamers you with three strength 5 templates two of which are TL to wound something is going to die or at the very least hurt. Even termi's would feel it so any infantry that is a nuisance is gone or reduced to manageable amounts. Also all the ADL that everyone uses would pretty much be cleaned off. Another thing to think of is to Drop this squad down along with a 5 man Deathwing CML or AC squad and have them crack the armor you need dead. If its a transport then you use these guys to fry the innards. Or split fire if only a PA squad as I've seen on Heavy Flamer cook a PA marine squad quite well. So drop down have your 5 man squad pop rhino, split fire 10 man cook rhino squad while the rest cook/shoot primary target. Quite versatile if you think about it but you have to get close enough and be ready to be charged by everyone and there mom when you get done BBQing. teehee.gif

They're also nice for mounted squads...range is suddenly no issue, when you step off the ramp, blaze, and pile in.  But, yeah...not against vehicles!  Even point-blank against AV10, why would you not use a pair of assault cannons instead?  You're pretty much guaranteed seven S6 hits!

Thanks for the replies, I like the infantry assassination squad. Lot of guard players who abuse the hell out of creed. (Sadly four of them I taught how to do it by showing how I use my creed.... never thought I'd regret that :-p)

How effective do you think that 10 man three flamer would be against Crsis Suit Tau HQs, another bane of mine.

Aint I a funny guy? Messed up the threads.

How effective do you think that 10 man three flamer would be against Crsis Suit Tau HQs, another bane of mine.

Are we talking about terminator or regular squads?

The termie set up.

The termie set up.

Tell me how do you equip a three man terminator unit with three heavy flamers again?

The termie set up.

Tell me how do you equip a three man terminator unit with three heavy flamers again?

Closest thing is 2 heavy flamers and a combi-flamer for a TDA character.

To get three heavy flamer equivalents you'd take a full ten man squad with the obvious and then a libby in TDA with Pyromancy Primaris power. that would get you three Heavy flamer weapons. Not exactly  of course but not bad and if you make him a Lvl 2 then you can still get your Divination as well. Good for hordes maybe not the most efficient use but it worked for me on occasion.

The termie set up.

Closest thing is 2 heavy flamers and a combi-flamer for a TDA character.

Oh, we were talking not about 3 actual heavy flamers but the result been that...Silly me wallbash.gif

Archived