Anyone else ticked off By rumors of the New Codex marines?

Tiger9gamer

Its okay. The SM codex will be released they will get some pretty nifty things that we will go "why didn't we get them as well?" And then we'll get over it and continue with our codex. It is the DA way smile.png

I can see why you're annoyed, as most of us went through this already with our last codex tongue.png

But in the end it'll be fine and we'll have two unique and distinct armies on the table top.

Now if they get a way to unlock terminators as troops. THEN I'll be miffed verymad.gif

The only reason Space Marines weren't first this edition is so they could test the water with Dark Angels. They wanted to know where to cost them etc. in the grand scale of things (they did this with our last codex).

Ergo, we'll be no better than our last codex compared to the last SMurf codex.

A testbed and nothing more. At least this time there won't be a different edition of the game in between.

Well, about the Deathwatch: that might go into the next sisters/inquisition/imperialis codex along with various SoB stuff and new assassin type.

281041230110209 Imperial Agents Enforcer with Heavy Stubber RE

284054630110202 Kroot Kroothawks RE

286010311080200 Cult Hybrid Upgrade Pack PL

286011130110208 Patriarch Dumas, The Veiled Fiend RE

280002330140207 Sisters of Battle Canoness with Power Axe RE

280000211440200 Sisters of Battle Seraphim / Patronica Squad PL

280000111440201 Sisters of Battle Battle Sisters PL

280000411840206 Sisters of Battle Exorcist / Catafalque of Sins PL

281047530110208 Imperial Agents Obsideo Assassin RE

281049111440209 Imperial Agents Deathwatch Kill Team PL

281049230140202 Imperial Agents Deathwatch Librarian RE

280002430140206 Sisters of Battle Prioress Lazarea Verata RE

280002230140208 Sisters of Battle Sister Superior Magdalenia RE

280000330740205 Sisters of Battle Repentia Squad RE

I hope not... The Eclisiarchy has nothing to do with Deathwatch or Ordo Xenos. The Eclisiarchy sometimes has something to do with Ordo Hereticus, and the latter can direct and deploy Sister chapters at will, though quite rarely they actually do so.

The Deathwatch however is far, far more likely to fight alone, with Guard elements, PDF, or space marine allies. Sisters? Not at all, as their mission is fundamentally  different to the fanatical sisterhood.

IMO Sisters and Deathwatch (marines at all when I come to think of it) should certainly not be in the same codex if fluff/lore counts for anything.

IMO, sistes should  be in an "allies" supplement (Sisters dont wage war alone in the fluff very often...), along with Genestealer cults, Deathwatch and so on. That would actually make a lot sense and I sincerly hope this is the case.

But of course, if GW thinks somethinng will sell, they are likely to release it fluff be damned ;)

As far as the idea that BT should come out next for marines many of us have seem to have reached a point where we just want it to be good when it does come out. Last rumor I heard that seemed to have some truth to it pointed to BT getting one next year. If C:SM get an update before BT then I can be sure they'll do a good job with BT by the time they finally drop.

Or at least I can hope they'll do a good job.

Well, about the Deathwatch: that might go into the next sisters/inquisition/imperialis codex along with various SoB stuff and new assassin type.

I hope not... The Eclisiarchy has nothing to do with Deathwatch or Ordo Xenos. The Eclisiarchy sometimes has something to do with Ordo Hereticus, and the latter can direct and deploy Sister chapters at will, though quite rarely they actually do so.

The Deathwatch however is far, far more likely to fight alone, with Guard elements, PDF, or space marine allies. Sisters? Not at all, as their mission is fundamentally different to the fanatical sisterhood.

IMO Sisters and Deathwatch (marines at all when I come to think of it) should certainly not be in the same codex if fluff/lore counts for anything.

IMO, sistes should be in an "allies" supplement (Sisters dont wage war alone in the fluff very often...), along with Genestealer cults, Deathwatch and so on. That would actually make a lot sense and I sincerly hope this is the case.

But of course, if GW thinks somethinng will sell, they are likely to release it fluff be damned msn-wink.gif

Note that I also mentioned that it might be a new Codex: Imperialis.

Or rather, I should name it Codex: Imperial Agents.

Which, as outlined in the old 2nd edition Codex: Imperial and Codex Army Lists, would included: the Adeptus Arbitus, Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Mechanicum, Adeptus Ministorum (Ecclesiarchy), Adeptus Astra Telepathica, the Officio Assassinorum and the Inquisition. The old list also contained Grey Knights, but they've since evolved from a single unit entry to an entire codex for themselves.

The Deathwatch didn't exist as a unit entry back in those days (dunno about fluff), but since the other Ordo Militants fall under the Imperial Agents list, the Deathwatch would as well.

Pure speculation, of course, and not rumours.

An "allies" supplement would put too many different elements together.

I mean, a codex with Sisters as well as genestealer cults?

Anyhow, one of the rumours I also heard, I think, was that a new edition of apocalypse might be in the works, with said units possibly getting a datafax in there.

What I think is shameful is updating an army whose codex is just a little out of date before updating an army with a codex that is two or three editions old. Eldar, BT, and Sisters ought to all get codexes before codex marines. It looks like Eldar may actually get theirs before, but BT and Sisters will have to wait. I understand why this is, but it's still a shame.

The good news is that the codexes are all coming out quickly. I think that's good, because the logical thing is for all codexes to be updated ASAP after a new edition of the rules come out. That's the right way to run a game company. The old scheme where GW let codexes languish just boggled my mind.

I do hope that codex marines aren't noticeably cheaper across the board than greenwing. I don't expect that they will be though. If they get a third flyer that is decent, I'll also be a little peeved, because I'm still disappointed with our flyers. But these are all little gripes.

If there are some especially good units in the new SM codex, they will become a divergent dark angels successor chapter that fights alongside my Unforgiven as allies.

Quick look on the bright side: maybe an early update to C:SM will mean that the Stormraven gets downgraded armour-wise and/or up-costed to reflect the fact that the AV12-on-all-facings flyer that it is now is rather more powerful than the AV12-on-all-facings fast skimmer that it used to be.

Quick look on the bright side: maybe an early update to C:SM will mean that the Stormraven gets downgraded armour-wise and/or up-costed to reflect the fact that the AV12-on-all-facings flyer that it is now is rather more powerful than the AV12-on-all-facings fast skimmer that it used to be.

Erm... didn't the Stormraven already get printed in that Death From the Skies supplement?

As in: making is almost impossible for a stat change only a few months later with having to update the supplement?

Quick look on the bright side: maybe an early update to C:SM will mean that the Stormraven gets downgraded armour-wise and/or up-costed to reflect the fact that the AV12-on-all-facings flyer that it is now is rather more powerful than the AV12-on-all-facings fast skimmer that it used to be.

Erm... didn't the Stormraven already get printed in that Death From the Skies supplement?

As in: making is almost impossible for a stat change only a few months later with having to update the supplement?

Quite possible, although I would've thought that stat changes would be more likely in a wholesale rewriting of a Codex than in a limited run supplement.

We don't know when the new C:SM will drop so Death from the Skies might be old hat by the time it comes around, besides which it's not as though GW are against publishing amendments to earlier publications in the form of FAQs every now and then msn-wink.gif

Ergo, we'll be no better than our last codex compared to the last SMurf codex.

A testbed and nothing more. At least this time there won't be a different edition of the game in between.

You know, did we actually have any confirmation that our last codex was a test bed for C:SM? Or is it just a conspiracy theory?

The Deathwatch however is far, far more likely to fight alone, with Guard elements, PDF, or space marine allies. Sisters? Not at all, as their mission is fundamentally different to the fanatical sisterhood.

IMO, sistes should be in an "allies" supplement (Sisters dont wage war alone in the fluff very often...), along with Genestealer cults, Deathwatch and so on. That would actually make a lot sense and I sincerly hope this is the case.

But of course, if GW thinks somethinng will sell, they are likely to release it fluff be damned msn-wink.gif

Note that I also mentioned that it might be a new Codex: Imperialis.

Or rather, I should name it Codex: Imperial Agents.

Which, as outlined in the old 2nd edition Codex: Imperial and Codex Army Lists, would included: the Adeptus Arbitus, Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Mechanicum, Adeptus Ministorum (Ecclesiarchy), Adeptus Astra Telepathica, the Officio Assassinorum and the Inquisition. The old list also contained Grey Knights, but they've since evolved from a single unit entry to an entire codex for themselves.

The Deathwatch didn't exist as a unit entry back in those days (dunno about fluff), but since the other Ordo Militants fall under the Imperial Agents list, the Deathwatch would as well.

Pure speculation, of course, and not rumours.

An "allies" supplement would put too many different elements together.

I mean, a codex with Sisters as well as genestealer cults?

Anyhow, one of the rumours I also heard, I think, was that a new edition of apocalypse might be in the works, with said units possibly getting a datafax in there.

Fair enough, although I don`t know if I think Mechanicus is suited in alongside the Inquisition and worse, Sisters (now seriously, what on earth can those two factions have in common?).

Nah, IMO minor factions such as Sisters, Deathwatch etc. are far better suited to an allied supplement than a true codex, though this is of course subjective opinion.

IMO, Mechanicum however should have had a dex, as they are actually a true force (very odd that Grey Knights, or Lame Knights that I like to call them, have their own dex while the astronomically large millitary force known as Mechanicum does not), then again, I guess thats subjective as well.

As for an Allied supplement, no I dont think a supplement of Sisters, Genstealer cults and Kroots would be that odd. I mean, obviously their army entries would stipulate which codex they could be taken as allies with, though this as well is admittedly subjective ;)

Meh, some say it is, others say it isn`t. On naftkas blog, many seem to think it`s legit and hastings and Harry (according to naftka) seemed not to be sure either, so I wouldn`t call it "debunked" as such. But yeah, GW has stated that its false a long time ago, but...

The Ultramarine players can't forever sustain themselves in self-importance and borrowed ideas.

I'd like to point out with my mechanical finger that Ultramarines players are not the only ones using that codex... dry.png

As for whether or not it needs a revamp, it doesn't. Codex: Space marines works just fine. If any other marine 'dex needs a revamp, its the Templars.

Nah, you should get your own anyway. You got more coolness factor than both of the above combined. And I say this as a former (short timE) templar colector.

EDIT: And under the new update programe, by next summer they wont have more dexes to update so hello 7th edition! ROFL.

What I think is shameful is updating an army whose codex is just a little out of date before updating an army with a codex that is two or three editions old. Eldar, BT, and Sisters ought to all get codexes before codex marines. It looks like Eldar may actually get theirs before, but BT and Sisters will have to wait. I understand why this is, but it's still a shame.

From a gamer perspective thats true. From a business perspective, its hogwash. Last I heard space marines make up 1/4 of total GW sales or something like that. They are the cash cow. It makes sense to keep marine, the in general marines, freshly updated, rather then a single chapter lik BT or xenos like Eldar, or fringe army like sisters.

A new codex.... Great! Bring it on GW, especially if they are the same quality and standard as C:DA. I am more a collector and hobbyist than a gamer so the codex creep people worry so much about doesn't really affect me much.... But I love the smell of new codices.... More fluff, background development and shiny new models to join the whole pile of untainted ones in my cupboard.

I'm a little peeved because I started with Codex marines, and throughout the first year I got stomped at evry turn I made. I finally switched to DA, started to win and get in the grove with these guys, and suddenly they are getting a new codex that may or may not be better and have everything DA has X-X I'm just a tiny bit peeved at this, and I only hope they stay the same level as DA and the other codexes. Also, I might flip if they have a "choose your own chapter tactics" thing I kinda wanted before.

I'm planning on sticking with the DA, but it still rustles my Unforgiven Jimmies.

That's just the universe messing with you..... You'll come across such situations many times.... Be glad it's just in the hobby world..:)

Well as far as I am concerned I would like to see another marine codex showing up asap so I might be able to see where the voyage is carrying us. I think it will be easier to see our strengths if you have something 6th edition to compare. Some "strong" DA points like reduced points for powerarmor seem to me just a result of the edition change and not a planed perk for our chapter.

That is one of the most sensible statements I have seen in this forum. Completely agree with you and can' t wait to see how C:DA compares with the 6th Ed C:SM..... I have a gut feeling that we will be pleasantly surprised... Just as we were with C:DA.

SG

Just my opinion brothers....I've been reading WH40k codexes for years. I've seen the Vanilla Marines codex evolve and improve over the years. Whatever the new codex may contain somehow the Vanilla Marines may remain....well.....vanilla. Meaning they will lack that wonderful gothic sinister edge that we all love about the DA. I agree that its possible that they may get some great toys but in the end we'll stick to ours. so for me, Im not bothered at all.

Exactly, Space Marines Know No Fear. Dark Angels Know No Mercy.

I hope they make great things for Both the Black Templars and Codex Marines, at the very least it will give us new modeling options.

Look at this from the bright side. If Codex SM is equal or better than Codex DA you can use your models to play two codexes (and a chance to have decent flyers to all the grumpy cats out there).

While I have done this in the past, its nothing more than heresy. You should report to chamber 42.

As an added penance you will have Stobz presiding over the...reeducation.

Archived