Angels of Absolution-looking to start an army

Gree

I apologize if this question had been asked before, but I've been unsure as to the answer. Since getting back into 40k I've been looking to get into the Dark Angels ever switching from the Ultramarines, a change at least partially inspired by my love of Arthurian myth. In particular the Angels of absolution have caught my eye.

My question of course being, what is the color of the Angels of Absolution Deathwing and Ravenwing? Is black or bone white? I mean I know that the Dark Angels's Ravenwing are black and Deathwing used to be black before being repainted bone white but what about the Angels of Absolution? Would it be bone white just like the rest of the chapter?

The Deathwing repainting their armour white is specific to the Dark Angels chapter and not to any of the successors. I think the color scheme may be depicted in the 3rd edition codex as being all white - RW, DW and all others.... Same white/ bone color scheme.

SG

yeah according to the fluff, all successors have similar structures to the deathwing and ravenwing but they do not call them such.  Also all successors first and second companies are painting in the same colors as their battle companies, they do not paint them differently like the dark angels themselves do.  In fact the only reason the dark angels paint their death wing is mentioned in the stories, but the ravenwing is never really mentioned why they kept the black armor.  If the successors were to also paint their 1st and 2nds in different colors this would only add more weight to the dark angels and their successors for legion building, and we unforgiven try really hard to keep the inquisition off our doorsteps.

Not all that hard, it just takes an airlock and a 'jetison' button biggrin.png

Yeah there is no account of successor 1st and 2nd companies been painted differently than the rest of their respective chapters.

In fact they dont name them either, every account from the 4th and 6th dexes I remember speaks of the 'insert succesor here' counterpart to the deathwing or ravenwing, not an actual name.

The Disciples Of Caliban and the Guardians of the covenant have a pic of a terminator and a biker respectively, in their own chapter colours.

EDIT: That said, lack of fluff doesnt gualify for a successor to have a story and diferent colour for its own companies.

Archived